The first objective of the course is to give the participants an appreciation of the challenges faced by supply chains. Secondly, the participants will experience supply chain dynamics, and learn the value of information in reducing supply chain dynamics. Besides lecture, the course also relies on a computer-based team game, and case studies to facilitate the learning.
This course is part of:
- Graduate Certificate in Supply Chain Engineering
- FlexiMasters in Supply Chain Engineering
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
1. Understand the key issues and challenges in effectively managing supply chains.
2. Experience supply chain dynamics by being part of a Beer supply chain.
3. Appreciate the value of information in reducing dynamics in supply chains.
1. Supply Chain Management: Issues and challenges
Supply chain management: background, terminology, issues, and challenges; conflicting objectives; SC dynamics; Beer Game.
2. Value of information
Value of information; vendor-managed inventory; Barilla case study.
Working adults from the industry, professionals seeking mid-career change or fresh graduates with relevant background.
Standard Course Fee: S$1,296
SSG Funding Support
Course fee payable after SSG funding, if eligible under various schemes
Fee BEFORE funding & GST
Fee AFTER funding & 8% GST
Singapore Citizens (SCs) and Permanent Residents (PRs) (Up to 70% funding)
Enhanced Training Support for SMEs (ETSS)
SCs aged ≥ 40 years old
NTU/NIE alumni may utilise their $1,600 Alumni Course Credits. Click here for more information.
|COURSE TITLE||ACADEMIC UNIT|
|CET857 Warehousing Operations||1|
|CET858 Global Air Cargo||1|
|CET859 Multi-modal Transport and Sea Freight Management||1|
|CET860 Decision Making under Uncertainty||1|
|CET861 Optimization of Supply and Transportation Networks||1|
|CET862 Decision Analytics and Applications||1|
|CET863 Sales and Operations Planning||1|
|CET864 Resource and Capacity Planning||2|
|CET866 Supply Network Design & Inventory Management||1|
|CET867 Advanced Topics in Supply Chain Management||1|
|CET868 Strategic Sourcing and Procurement||2|
|CET869 Effective Supplier Management & Development||1|
Listed courses are:
- Credit-bearing and stackable to Graduate Certificate in Supply Chain Engineering (total 9AUs) and FlexiMasters in Supply Chain Engineering (total 15AUs).
- SkillsFuture Credit approved.