The aim of this course shall provide in an easy-to-follow way the physical and chemical foundations for the various characteristics, the basic working principles of the analytical approaches, the pitfalls, and limitations, and try to use examples taken from the latest scientific literature illustrating the state-of-the-art. The course shall not have the ambition to derive all relationships and offer an axiomatic and encyclopedic treatment, but be practical and relevant, focusing on the key questions of polymer analysis and characterization and the most recent developments.
This course is part of:
- Graduate Certificate in Materials Characterization
- FlexiMasters in Materials Characterization
At the end of the course, learners are able to:
1. Understand characterization challenges and methods to tackle these is the focus. A case-study based approach will be employed.
2. Provide basic knowledge and ability to successfully solve new characterization problems by navigating through the relevant literature.
Characterization challenges specific for polymers in the environment (detection of minute amounts of toxic decomposition compounds, nano plastic identification, and analyze biological and medical impact) will complement this third module.
This is a face-to-face class.
Suitable for professionals working in engineering, Quality Control, Failure Analysis, Manufacturing and R&D.
Standard Course Fee: S$1,605
- All fees stated are inclusive of 7% GST.
- SkillsFuture Credit can be used to offset course fees payable. Click here for more information.
- NTU/NIE alumni may utilise their $1,600 Alumni Course Credits. Click here for more information.
|COURSE TITLE||ACADEMIC UNIT|
|CET849 History of Materials|
|CET777 Thermal Analysis||1|
|CET778 Surface Analysis||1|
|CET850 Chemical Analysis of Materials 1||1|
|CET851 Chemical Analysis of Materials 2||1|
|CET853 Advanced Methods in Polymer Molecular Characterization in Solution||1|
|CET854 Advanced Methods in Polymer Characterization in the Melt and Solid States||1|
|CET856 Principles and Applications of Solid-State NMR||3|
|CET785 Fundamentals of Electron Microscopy||2|
|CET786 Advanced Characterization using TEM Techniques||2|
|CET852 Properties of Materials||2|
|CET772 Principles and Adaptation||2|
|CET773 Variation and Nonstoichiometry||2|
Listed courses are:
- Credit-bearing and stackable to Graduate Certificate in Materials Characterization (total 9AUs) and FlexiMasters in Materials Characterization (total 15AUs).
- SSG funded and SkillsFuture Credit approved.