- To introduce critical display technologies and provide the learners with an overview of emissive displays vs. non-emissive displays in a comparative manner.
- To equip the learners with the understanding of basic device structure and operating principles of the liquid crystal displays (LCDs), plasma displays (PDs), field emission displays (FEDs), and light-emitting diodes (LEDs).
- To show and appreciate the significance of solid-state lighting and electronic displays.
- Graduate Certificate in Engineering Optics and Photonics
- FlexiMasters in Engineering Optics and Photonics
Upon completion of this course, learners should be able to:
1. To acquire the basic understanding of the structural fundamentals of important electronic display technologies and relate their architecture to their operating principles and function;
2. To develop the essential way of thinking key to identifying the advantages and disadvantages of these display technology platforms from their unit cell structure and operation and;
3. To practice and learn how to compare and contrast these electronic display technologies taking a holistic approach from performance vs. cost points of view and in terms of relevant metrics.
Overview of emissive displays and non-emissive displays. Liquid crystal displays (LCDs). Plasma displays (PDs). Field emission displays (FEDs). Light-emitting diodes (LEDs).
Suitable to learners from all disciplines who seek to have in-depth understanding of photonics and engineering optics and their impact in current industries and for Industry 4.0 (I 4.0).
Standard Course Fee: S$1,620
SSG Funding Support
Course fee payable after SSG funding, if eligible under various schemes
Fee BEFORE funding & GST
Fee AFTER funding & 8% GST
Singapore Citizens (SCs) and Permanent Residents (PRs) (Up to 70% funding)
Enhanced Training Support for SMEs (ETSS)
SCs aged ≥ 40 years old
• NTU/NIE alumni may utilise their $1,600 Alumni Course Credits. Click here for more information.
|COURSE TITLE||ACADEMIC UNIT|
|CET824 Basic Optical Engineering||2|
|CET825 Fibre Lasers for Various Industry Applications||1|
|CET826 Understanding Fibre Optic Distributed Network for IoT Infrastructure||1|
|CET827 Fibre based Components for High Speed IoT Applications||1|
|CET828 Understanding the Principles, Structures, Packaging, Installation and Signal Processing of Optical Fibre Sensing Technology||1|
|CET829 Engineering Metrology||1|
|CET830 Optical Fibre Design and Fabrication for High Power Laser and Telecommunication Applications||1|
|CET831Lasers and Optics for Smart Manufacturing (I 4.0)- Current Practices and Future Prospects||1|
|CET832 Laser Manufacturing Processes||2|
|CET833 Organic Light Emitting Diode Technology for Flat Panel Information Displays||1|
|CET835 Laser Machining and 3D Printing for Industry||0.5|
|CET836 Smart Optical Sensors for Smart Manufacturing||0.5|
|CET765 Lithography Processes for Next Generation of Nano Scale Smart Devices||1|
Listed courses are:
- Credit-bearing and stackable to Graduate Certificate in Engineering Optics and Photonics (total 9AUs) and FlexiMasters in Engineering Optics and Photonics (total 15AUs).
- SkillsFuture Credit approved.