Lasers and Optics for Smart Manufacturing is very essential to Industry 4.0. The objectives of the course are to familiarize the learners with different lasers and optics for smart manufacturing. Brief history and current pactices in I 4.0 within the context of smart manufacturing also will be learnt during this course.
- Graduate Certificate in Engineering Optics and Photonics
- FlexiMasters in Engineering Optics and Photonics
Upon completion of this course, learners should be able to:
1. Understand the different types optics and lasers used in smart manufacturing;
2. Gain knowledge about current practices adopted in laser assisted manufacturing processes pertaining to I 4.0;
3. Select right lasers and processing parameters for smart manufacturing and;
4. Understand Industry 4.0, current impacts and practices adopted in industry.
Lasers and Optics for Smart manufacturing – Current practices
Smart manufacturing- Introduction, Basic optics and lasers, current practices of using lasers in smart manufacturing
Continuous wave and pulsed Lasers for Advanced Manufacturing
CW and Pulsed Lasers, working Principles, Pulsed lasers used in advanced Manufacturing, Laser -material interaction and Lasers for 3D printing
Macro, Micro and nanoscale Manufacturing/Material processing
Lasers assisted fabrication: one, two and three dimensional fabrication/ machining, Laser assisted material processing, Macro and microscale manufacturing, Interferometric feature fabrication.
Laser assisted 3D Printing
Systems, Current Practices and Applications
Laser and Optics for I 4.0 Relevance
Brief History, Current practices and future prospects.
Suitable to learners from all disciplines who seek to have in-depth understanding of photonics and engineering optics and their impact in current industries and for Industry 4.0 (I 4.0).
Standard Course Fee: S$1,620
SSG Funding Support
Course fee payable after SSG funding, if eligible under various schemes
Fee BEFORE funding & GST
Fee AFTER funding & 8% GST
Singapore Citizens (SCs) and Permanent Residents (PRs) (Up to 70% funding)
Enhanced Training Support for SMEs (ETSS)
SCs aged ≥ 40 years old
• NTU/NIE alumni may utilise their $1,600 Alumni Course Credits. Click here for more information.
|COURSE TITLE||ACADEMIC UNIT|
|CET824 Basic Optical Engineering||2|
|CET825 Fibre Lasers for Various Industry Applications||1|
|CET826 Understanding Fibre Optic Distributed Network for IoT Infrastructure||1|
|CET827 Fibre based Components for High Speed IoT Applications||1|
|CET828 Understanding the Principles, Structures, Packaging, Installation and Signal Processing of Optical Fibre Sensing Technology||1|
|CET829 Engineering Metrology||1|
|CET830 Optical Fibre Design and Fabrication for High Power Laser and Telecommunication Applications||1|
|CET832 Laser Manufacturing Processes||2|
|CET833 Organic Light Emitting Diode Technology for Flat Panel Information Displays||1|
|CET834 Understanding of basic device structure and operating principles of displays and LEDs||1|
|CET835 Laser Machining and 3D Printing for Industry||0.5|
|CET836 Smart Optical Sensors for Smart Manufacturing||0.5|
|CET765 Lithography Processes for Next Generation of Nano Scale Smart Devices||1|
Listed courses are:
- Credit-bearing and stackable to Graduate Certificate in Engineering Optics and Photonics (total 9AUs) and FlexiMasters in Engineering Optics and Photonics (total 15AUs).
- SkillsFuture Credit approved.