The objective of the course is to understand the principles, structures, packaging, installation and signal processing of optical fibre sensing technology. Real case study will be provided to consolidate the content.
- Graduate Certificate in Engineering Optics and Photonics
- FlexiMasters in Engineering Optics and Photonics
Upon completion of this course, learners should be able to:
1. Expose to the state-of-the-art optical fibre sensing technologies;
2. Equip with the relevant techniques for optical fibre sensors;
3. Understand the working principles for various types of optical fibre sensors and;
4. Understand the packaging, installation and signal processing of optical fibre sensing technology.
Optical fibre sensing industry
Working principles of optical fibre sensing
Structures and Packaging
Different structures of optical fibre sensors, sensor packaging
Installation and Signal Processing
Sensor installation, sensing single processing, real case study
Suitable to learners from all disciplines who seek to have in-depth understanding of photonics and engineering optics and their impact in current industries and for Industry 4.0 (I 4.0).
Standard Course Fee: S$1,620
SSG Funding Support
Course fee payable after SSG funding, if eligible under various schemes
Fee BEFORE funding & GST
Fee AFTER funding & 8% GST
Singapore Citizens (SCs) and Permanent Residents (PRs) (Up to 70% funding)
Enhanced Training Support for SMEs (ETSS)
SCs aged ≥ 40 years old
• NTU/NIE alumni may utilise their $1,600 Alumni Course Credits. Click here for more information.
|COURSE TITLE||ACADEMIC UNIT|
|CET824 Basic Optical Engineering||2|
|CET825 Fibre Lasers for Various Industry Applications||1|
|CET826 Understanding Fibre Optic Distributed Network for IoT Infrastructure||1|
|CET827 Fibre based Components for High Speed IoT Applications||1|
|CET829 Engineering Metrology||1|
|CET830 Optical Fibre Design and Fabrication for High Power Laser and Telecommunication Applications||1|
|CET831 Lasers and Optics for Smart Manufacturing (I 4.0)- Current Practices and Future Prospects||1|
|CET832 Laser Manufacturing Processes||2|
|CET833 Organic Light Emitting Diode Technology for Flat Panel Information Displays||1|
|CET834 Understanding of basic device structure and operating principles of displays and LEDs||1|
|CET835 Laser Machining and 3D Printing for Industry||0.5|
|CET836 Smart Optical Sensors for Smart Manufacturing||0.5|
|CET765 Lithography Processes for Next Generation of Nano Scale Smart Devices||1|
Listed courses are:
- Credit-bearing and stackable to Graduate Certificate in Engineering Optics and Photonics (total 9AUs) and FlexiMasters in Engineering Optics and Photonics (total 15AUs).
- SkillsFuture Credit approved.