Singapore has been completely wired up by fibre optic network for broadband transmission of image and data. The objective of this course is for fresh/ practicing engineers to understand the design concept for end to end fibre optic distributed sensor network.
- Graduate Certificate in Engineering Optics and Photonics
- FlexiMasters in Engineering Optics and Photonics
This mini course is dedicated to optical systems by outlining the rules and procedures used in the link design process. At the end of the course, the participant should be able to make designs for short haul metropolitan network to long haul undersea intercontinental distributed sensor networks.
1. Understanding light propagation in fibres
2. Types of fibres and fabrication procedures
3. Principle of optical sources like laser diode/LED
4. Principle and selection of PIN/APD receiver
5. Wavelength multiplexing techniques
6. Design examples will be discussed including few case studies
The contents covered could be used in fibre optic distributed sensor network to know and understand their roles in upcoming IoT industry technology.
Suitable to learners from all disciplines who seek to have in-depth understanding of photonics and engineering optics and their impact in current industries and for Industry 4.0 (I 4.0).
Standard Course Fee: S$1,620
SSG Funding Support
Course fee payable after SSG funding, if eligible under various schemes
Fee BEFORE funding & GST
Fee AFTER funding & 8% GST
Singapore Citizens (SCs) and Permanent Residents (PRs) (Up to 70% funding)
Enhanced Training Support for SMEs (ETSS)
SCs aged ≥ 40 years old
• NTU/NIE alumni may utilise their $1,600 Alumni Course Credits. Click here for more information.
|COURSE TITLE||ACADEMIC UNIT|
|CET824 Basic Optical Engineering||2|
|CET825 Fibre Lasers for Various Industry Applications||1|
|CET827 Fibre based Components for High Speed IoT Applications||1|
|CET828 Understanding the Principles, Structures, Packaging, Installation and Signal Processing of Optical Fibre Sensing Technology||1|
|CET829 Engineering Metrology||1|
|CET830 Optical Fibre Design and Fabrication for High Power Laser and Telecommunication Applications||1|
|CET831 Lasers and Optics for Smart Manufacturing (I 4.0)- Current Practices and Future Prospects||1|
|CET832 Laser Manufacturing Processes||2|
|CET833 Organic Light Emitting Diode Technology for Flat Panel Information Displays||1|
|CET834 Understanding of basic device structure and operating principles of displays and LEDs||1|
|CET835 Laser Machining and 3D Printing for Industry||0.5|
|CET836 Smart Optical Sensors for Smart Manufacturing||0.5|
|CET765 Lithography Processes for Next Generation of Nano Scale Smart Devices||1|
Listed courses are:
- Credit-bearing and stackable to Graduate Certificate in Engineering Optics and Photonics (total 9AUs) and FlexiMasters in Engineering Optics and Photonics (total 15AUs).
- SkillsFuture Credit approved.