This course is about materials used to construct medical implants and other devices used to repair, replace or regenerate tissues and organs. Specific emerging application areas of materials in medicine, namely tissue engineering and drug delivery, are elaborated on.
This course is part of:
- Graduate Certificate in Materials Science and Engineering
- FlexiMasters in Materials Science and Engineering
At the end of the course, learners are able to:
1. Define tissue engineering and drug delivery;
2. Describe the motivations and rationales behind tissue engineering and drug delivery;
3. Discuss the role of biomaterials in tissue engineering and drug delivery and;
4. Discuss important material properties to consider when selecting a material for tissue engineering scaffolds/drug delivery devices and their implications.
Applications in Tissue Engineering & Drug Delivery
- Introduction to Tissue Engineering
- Cell Sources for Tissue Engineering
- Scaffold and Its Fabrication for Tissue Engineering
- Introduction to Drug Delivery
- Modeling of Drug Delivery
- Mechanisms of Drug Delivery Systems – diffusion, osmotic and degradation
Suitable for professionals working in Engineering, Quality Control, Failure Analysis, Manufacturing and R&D.
Standard Course Fee: S$1,263.67
|Course fee payable after SSG funding, if eligible under various schemes|
Cat-A SSG Funded Courses
Enhanced Training Support for SMEs (ETSS)
Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy (MCES)
- All fees stated are inclusive of 7% GST.
- NTU/NIE alumni may utilise their $1,600 Alumni Course Credits. Click here for more information.
|COURSE TITLE||ACADEMIC UNIT|
|CET774 Organic Structural Materials||1|
|CET775 Organic Electronic Materials||1|
|CET776 Organic Optical Materials||1|
|CET779 Tissue – Material Interactions||1|
|CET780 Materials in Medicine||1|
|CET782 Processes for Particulate Materials and Bulk Materials||1|
|CET783 Vacuum Processes||1|
|CET784 Solution Processes||1|
|CET847 Inorganic Materials||3|
|CET848 Processing of Organic Materials||3|
Listed courses are:
- Credit-bearing and stackable to Graduate Certificate in Materials Science and Engineering (total 9AUs) and FlexiMasters in Materials Science and Engineering (total 15AUs).
- SSG funded and SkillsFuture Credit approved.