The objective of the course is to study the process development and integration related to cleaning, polishing, characterization and dielectrics which are essential in CMOS IC manufacturing.
- Graduate Certificate in Electronics
- FlexiMasters in Electronics
At the end of the course, learners are able to:
1. Expose to the state-of-the-art advanced CMOS process technologies;
2. Equip with the relevant techniques for cleaning and polishing;
3. Equip with the skills to design processing steps for cleaning in fabrication flow;
4. Understand the working principles for characterization techniques and;
5. Understand the important role of dielectrics in semiconductor devices, as well as the fabrication techniques to form dielectrics.
- Types of Contamination
- Wet Cleaning Process
- Wet Cleaning Equipment
- Alternative to RCA Clean
Chemical and Mechanical
- Process Concerns
Metrology and Analytical Techniques
- Optical Characterization
- Charge-Based Characterization
- Electron Beam Characterization
- Ion Beam Characterization
Dielectrics for CMOS technology
- Scaling Issues
For graduates, practicing engineers, R&D managers and technical staff who wish to gain in-depth technical knowledge in the area of semiconductor manufacture and microelectronics.
Standard Course Fee: S$1,605
|Course fee payable after SSG funding, if eligible under various schemes|
Cat-A SSG Funded Courses
Enhanced Training Support for SMEs (ETSS)
Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy (MCES)
- All fees stated are inclusive of 7% GST.
- NTU/NIE alumni may utilise their $1,600 Alumni Course Credits. Click here for more information.
|COURSE TITLE||ACADEMIC UNIT|
|CET757 Digital Integrated Circuit Design I||1|
|CET758 Digital Integrated Circuit Design II||1|
|CET759 Digital Integrated Circuit Design III||1|
|CET760 Advanced Topics in Semiconductor Devices I||1|
|CET761 Advanced Topics in Semiconductor Devices II||1|
|CET762 Advanced Topics in Semiconductor Devices III||1|
|CET763 Advanced Wafer Processing I||1|
|CET765 Lithography Processes for Next Generation of Nano Scale Smart Devices||1|
|CET766 Analog Integrated Circuit Design I||1|
|CET767 Analog Integrated Circuit Design II||1|
|CET768 Analog Integrated Circuit Design III||1|
|CET769 Integrated Circuit (IC) Packaging I||1|
|CET770 Integrated Circuit (IC) Packaging II||1|
|CET771 Integrated Circuit (IC) Packaging III||1|
Listed courses are:
- Credit-bearing and stackable to Graduate Certificate in Electronics (total 9AUs) and FlexiMasters in Electronics (total 15AUs).
- SSG funded and SkillsFuture Credit approved.