The objective of the course is to focus on heterojunction devices and applications of the MOSFET in semiconductor memory. In addition, some new semiconductor devices and future trends will also be introduced.
- Graduate Certificate in Electronics
- FlexiMasters in Electronics
At the end of the course, learners are able to:
1. Understand the principles of operation and challenges of the heterojunction semiconductor devices;
2. Know the operation principle of different semiconductor memories;
3. Know the new devices and future trends and;
4. Know the applications of different devices.
- Heterojunction theory
- Bandgap engineering
- Introduction to Heterojunction Devices – HBTs, HEMTs
- Semiconductor Lasers and Quantum Well Infrared Photodetectors
- Read Only Memories
- Static Random Access Memories
- Dynamic Random Access Memories
- Novel Non-volatile Memories
Recent Development and Future Trends
- New Devices made of Novel Materials/Structures and Future Trends
For graduates, practicing engineers, R&D managers and technical staff who wish to gain in-depth technical knowledge in the area of semiconductor manufacture and microelectronics.
Standard Course Fee: S$1,620
SSG Funding Support
Course fee payable after SSG funding, if eligible under various schemes
Fee BEFORE funding & GST
Fee AFTER funding & 8% GST
Singapore Citizens (SCs) and Permanent Residents (PRs) (Up to 70% funding)
Enhanced Training Support for SMEs (ETSS)
SCs aged ≥ 40 years old
• NTU/NIE alumni may utilise their $1,600 Alumni Course Credits. Click here for more information.
|COURSE TITLE||ACADEMIC UNIT|
|CET757 Digital Integrated Circuit Design I||1|
|CET758 Digital Integrated Circuit Design II||1|
|CET759 Digital Integrated Circuit Design III||1|
|CET760 Advanced Topics in Semiconductor Devices I||1|
|CET761 Advanced Topics in Semiconductor Devices II||1|
|CET763 Advanced Wafer Processing I||1|
|CET764 Advanced Wafer Processing II||1|
|CET765 Lithography Processes for Next Generation of Nano Scale Smart Devices||1|
|CET766 Analog Integrated Circuit Design I||1|
|CET767 Analog Integrated Circuit Design II||1|
|CET768 Analog Integrated Circuit Design III||1|
|CET769 Integrated Circuit (IC) Packaging I||1|
|CET770 Integrated Circuit (IC) Packaging II||1|
|CET771 Integrated Circuit (IC) Packaging III||1|
Listed courses are:
- Credit-bearing and stackable to Graduate Certificate in Electronics (total 9AUs) and FlexiMasters in Electronics (total 15AUs).
- SSG funded and SkillsFuture Credit approved.