The objective of the course is to cover the basic principles of operation of the bipolar junction transistor (BJT) which is a key semiconductor component in process technology in manufacture and integrated circuit design.
- Graduate Certificate in Electronics
- FlexiMasters in Electronics
At the end of the course, learners are able to:
1. Understand the fundamental and operation principle of BJTs.
2. Know the modelling of BJTs
3. Able to design high performance BJTs.
4. Know the advanced BJTs.
Bipolar Transistor Operating Principles
- Review of Basic Concepts.
- Transistor Action
- Minority Carrier Profiles
- Non-ideal Effects
- High Current Effects
- Transient behavior
- Breakdown in Bipolar Transistors
- Small-signal Equivalent Circuits
- Cut-off Frequency
Bipolar Device Modeling
- Ebers-Moll Model
- Gummel-Poon Model.
State-of the-Art Bipolar Structures
- Advanced Bipolar Structures – Polysilicon and Double Polysilicon Structures
- Polysilicon Base Transistor.
For graduates, practicing engineers, R&D managers and technical staff who wish to gain in-depth technical knowledge in the area of semiconductor manufacture and microelectronics.
Standard Course Fee: S$1,620
SSG Funding Support
Course fee payable after SSG funding, if eligible under various schemes
Fee BEFORE funding & GST
Fee AFTER funding & 8% GST
Singapore Citizens (SCs) and Permanent Residents (PRs) (Up to 70% funding)
Enhanced Training Support for SMEs (ETSS)
SCs aged ≥ 40 years old
• NTU/NIE alumni may utilise their $1,600 Alumni Course Credits. Click here for more information.
|COURSE TITLE||ACADEMIC UNIT|
|CET757 Digital Integrated Circuit Design I||1|
|CET758 Digital Integrated Circuit Design II||1|
|CET759 Digital Integrated Circuit Design III||1|
|CET761 Advanced Topics in Semiconductor Devices II||1|
|CET762 Advanced Topics in Semiconductor Devices III||1|
|CET763 Advanced Wafer Processing I||1|
|CET764 Advanced Wafer Processing II||1|
|CET765 Lithography Processes for Next Generation of Nano Scale Smart Devices||1|
|CET766 Analog Integrated Circuit Design I||1|
|CET767 Analog Integrated Circuit Design II||1|
|CET768 Analog Integrated Circuit Design III||1|
|CET769 Integrated Circuit (IC) Packaging I||1|
|CET770 Integrated Circuit (IC) Packaging II||1|
|CET771 Integrated Circuit (IC) Packaging III||1|
Listed courses are:
- Credit-bearing and stackable to Graduate Certificate in Electronics (total 9AUs) and FlexiMasters in Electronics (total 15AUs).
- SSG funded and SkillsFuture Credit approved.