The aim of the course is to introduce the analysis and modelling process of steady-state power system networks and fundamental concepts of power system stability and methods of analysis. The course aims to create an awareness of the advanced modeling and analysis to power systems.
- Graduate Certificate in Power Engineering
- FlexiMasters in Power Engineering
At the end of the course, learners are able to:
1. formulate and solve power flow problems as well as apply various voltage and power flow control techniques.
2. develop techniques for assessment and improvement of system performance under steady state, dynamic and transient conditions.
3. apply the concepts of stability analysis in case studies to analyse the stability of the power system under different conditions.
Steady-state Power System Networks
- Admittance matrix formulation
- Power flow Voltage and power flow control
- Steady-state stability
- Transient stability
- Small and large signal analyses
- Case studies
For engineers who wish to upgrade their technical knowledge and skills in the area of power and energy engineering, which can be applied in the power supply industry.
Standard Course Fee: S$1,620
SSG Funding Support
Course fee payable after SSG funding, if eligible under various schemes
Fee BEFORE funding & GST
Fee AFTER funding & 8% GST
Singapore Citizens (SCs) and Permanent Residents (PRs) (Up to 70% funding)
Enhanced Training Support for SMEs (ETSS)
SCs aged ≥ 40 years old
• NTU/NIE alumni may utilise their $1,600 Alumni Course Credits. Click here for more information.
|COURSE TITLE||ACADEMIC UNIT|
|CET742 Power Electronic Converters I||1|
|CET743 Power Electronic Converters II||1|
|CET744 Power Electronic Converters II||1|
|CET745 Power Quality I||1|
|CET746 Power Quality II||1|
|CET747 Power Quality III||1|
|CET748 Renewable Energy Systems in Smart Grids I||1|
|CET749 Renewable Energy Systems in Smart Grids II||1|
|CET750 Renewable Energy Systems in Smart Grids III||1|
|CET751 Power System Operation and Planning I||1|
|CET752 Power System Operation and Planning II||1|
|CET753 Power System Operation and Planning III||1|
|CET754 Power System Modelling and Control I||1|
|CET756 Power System Modelling and Control III||1|
Listed courses are:
- Credit-bearing and stackable to Graduate Certificate in Power Engineering (total 9AUs) and FlexiMasters in Power Engineering (total 15AUs).
- SSG funded and SkillsFuture Credit approved.