The objective of this course is to impart to the students the knowledge relevant to power system planning and operations. The course will provide in-depth coverage of all essential aspects of power system operation and planning including network operation, probability and reliability aspects of power systems.
- Graduate Certificate in Power Engineering
- FlexiMasters in Power Engineering
At the end of the course, learners are able to:
1. understand the important functions and issues involved in different activities associated with power system operation and planning.
2. provide the fundamental concepts and techniques required to deal with issues in power system operation and planning.
3. safeguard the power system and improve the grid resilience against uncertainties of generation resources and load demands.
Power System State Estimation
- Characteristics of measurements
- Data redundancy and observability issues
- Weighted least-squares state estimation
- State estimation of AC networks
- Advanced topics in state estimation: detection and identification of bad data
Steady State Security Assessment
- Power system security
- Contingency analysis and selection
- Equivalents of external system
Probability and Reliability
- Basic probability concepts and probability distributions
- Reliability function
- Binomial distribution
- Discrete Markov Chain
- Continuous Markov process
- Time dependent state probability
- Limiting state probability
- Frequency and duration technique
For engineers who wish to upgrade their technical knowledge and skills in the area of power and energy engineering, which can be applied in the power supply industry.
Standard Course Fee: S$1,620
SSG Funding Support
Course fee payable after SSG funding, if eligible under various schemes
Fee BEFORE funding & GST
Fee AFTER funding & 8% GST
Singapore Citizens (SCs) and Permanent Residents (PRs) (Up to 70% funding)
Enhanced Training Support for SMEs (ETSS)
SCs aged ≥ 40 years old
• NTU/NIE alumni may utilise their $1,600 Alumni Course Credits. Click here for more information.
|COURSE TITLE||ACADEMIC UNIT|
|CET742 Power Electronic Converters I||1|
|CET743 Power Electronic Converters II||1|
|CET744 Power Electronic Converters II||1|
|CET745 Power Quality I||1|
|CET746 Power Quality II||1|
|CET747 Power Quality III||1|
|CET748 Renewable Energy Systems in Smart Grids I||1|
|CET749 Renewable Energy Systems in Smart Grids II||1|
|CET750 Renewable Energy Systems in Smart Grids III||1|
|CET751 Power System Operation and Planning I||1|
|CET753 Power System Operation and Planning III||1|
|CET754 Power System Modelling and Control I||1|
|CET755 Power System Modelling and Control II||1|
|CET756 Power System Modelling and Control III||1|
Listed courses are:
- Credit-bearing and stackable to Graduate Certificate in Power Engineering (total 9AUs) and FlexiMasters in Power Engineering (total 15AUs).
- SSG funded and SkillsFuture Credit approved.