The objective of this course is to impart to the learners the knowledge relevant to power system operations. The course will provide in-depth coverage of all essential aspects of power system operation including load forecasting, generation scheduling, and network operation.
- Graduate Certificate in Power Engineering
- FlexiMasters in Power Engineering
At the end of the course, learners are able to:
1. understand the important functions and issues involved in different activities associated with power system operation.
2. provide the fundamental concepts and techniques required to deal with issues in power system operation.
3. probe further the knowledge needed in safeguarding the power system and improving the grid resilience against uncertainties of generation resources and load demands.
Overview of energy management systems
- Load models
- Model identification and integration
- Online load prediction and solutions
- Unit commitment (UC) problems
- System, plant, and unit constraints
- Spinning reserve requirements
- UC solution techniques
- UC for market operation
- Dispatcher power flow
- Solutions of power flow at Power System Control Centre (PSCC)
- DC power flow
For engineers who wish to upgrade their technical knowledge and skills in the area of power and energy engineering, which can be applied in the power supply industry.
Standard Course Fee: S$1,620
SSG Funding Support
Course fee payable after SSG funding, if eligible under various schemes
Fee BEFORE funding & GST
Fee AFTER funding & 8% GST
Singapore Citizens (SCs) and Permanent Residents (PRs) (Up to 70% funding)
Enhanced Training Support for SMEs (ETSS)
SCs aged ≥ 40 years old
• NTU/NIE alumni may utilise their $1,600 Alumni Course Credits. Click here for more information.
|COURSE TITLE||ACADEMIC UNIT|
|CET742 Power Electronic Converters I||1|
|CET743 Power Electronic Converters II||1|
|CET744 Power Electronic Converters II||1|
|CET745 Power Quality I||1|
|CET746 Power Quality II||1|
|CET747 Power Quality III||1|
|CET748 Renewable Energy Systems in Smart Grids I||1|
|CET749 Renewable Energy Systems in Smart Grids II||1|
|CET750 Renewable Energy Systems in Smart Grids III||1|
|CET752 Power System Operation and Planning II||1|
|CET753 Power System Operation and Planning III||1|
|CET754 Power System Modelling and Control I||1|
|CET755 Power System Modelling and Control II||1|
|CET756 Power System Modelling and Control III||1|
Listed courses are:
- Credit-bearing and stackable to Graduate Certificate in Power Engineering (total 9AUs) and FlexiMasters in Power Engineering (total 15AUs).
- SSG funded and SkillsFuture Credit approved.