The objective of this course is to familiarize the participating individuals with advanced aspects of power electronic converters. In order to provide a comprehensive understanding, coverage will be provided from basic device levels to advanced power electronic converters. Control aspects will be highlighted, and practical case studies will be discussed.
- Graduate Certificate in Power Engineering
- FlexiMasters in Power Engineering
At the end of the course, learners are able to:
1. describe the applications of power electronic converters;
2. understand the fundamentals of power electronics including power semiconductors, converter topologies, circuit theories and modelling techniques and;
3. explain the operating principle and modulation techniques of single-phase DC-AC inverters.
Power electronics and applications Power semiconductors Converter topologies Circuit theory fundamentals Models of power converters
Single-phase DC-AC Inverters
Half-bridge inverters Full-bridge inverters Sinusoidal pulse-width modulation Selective harmonic elimination
For engineers who wish to upgrade their technical knowledge and skills in the area of power and energy engineering, which can be applied in the power supply industry.
Standard Course Fee: S$1,620
SSG Funding Support
Course fee payable after SSG funding, if eligible under various schemes
Fee BEFORE funding & GST
Fee AFTER funding & 8% GST
Singapore Citizens (SCs) and Permanent Residents (PRs) (Up to 70% funding)
Enhanced Training Support for SMEs (ETSS)
SCs aged ≥ 40 years old
• NTU/NIE alumni may utilise their $1,600 Alumni Course Credits. Click here for more information.
|COURSE TITLE||ACADEMIC UNIT|
|CET743 Power Electronic Converters II||1|
|CET744 Power Electronic Converters III||1|
|CET745 Power Quality I||1|
|CET746 Power Quality II||1|
|CET747 Power Quality III||1|
|CET748 Renewable Energy Systems in Smart Grids I||1|
|CET749 Renewable Energy Systems in Smart Grids II||1|
|CET750 Renewable Energy Systems in Smart Grids III||1|
|CET751 Power System Operation and Planning I||1|
|CET752 Power System Operation and Planning II||1|
|CET753 Power System Operation and Planning III||1|
|CET754 Power System Modelling and Control I||1|
|CET755 Power System Modelling and Control II||1|
|CET756 Power System Modelling and Control III||1|
Listed courses are:
- Credit-bearing and stackable to Graduate Certificate in Power Engineering (total 9AUs) and FlexiMasters in Power Engineering (total 15AUs).
- SSG funded and SkillsFuture Credit approved.