Machine vision plays an important role in vision-based automation. Image processing is commonly used in industrial vision-based automation systems to reduce the computation and cost of the systems. Hence, it is essential to learn the fundamentals of image processing tailored from the viewpoint of machine vision.
This course is part of:
- Graduate Certificate in Computer Control and Automation
- FlexiMasters in Computer Control and Automation
Upon completion, learners should:
1. Understand the fundamentals of image processing, image analysis, and feature extraction concepts.
2. Know how to use the skills learned in this subject to develop vision-based industrial automation systems.
3. Know how to use programming languages and packages to realize the learned methods.
Image formation. Pre-processing. Histograms. Noise removal. Image analysis.
Corner detectors. Laplacian of Gaussian and Canny edge detectors. Texture classification and analysis. Object-characterization
Standard Course Fee: S$1,620
SSG Funding Support
Course fee payable after SSG funding, if eligible under various schemes
Fee BEFORE funding & GST
Fee AFTER funding & 8% GST
Singapore Citizens (SCs) and Permanent Residents (PRs) (Up to 70% funding)
Enhanced Training Support for SMEs (ETSS)
SCs aged ≥ 40 years old
• NTU/NIE alumni may utilise their $1,600 Alumni Course Credits. Click here for more information.
|COURSE TITLE||ACADEMIC UNIT|
|CET715 Discrete Time System Modelling and Analysis||1|
|CET716 State-Space Design Methods||1|
|CET717 Optimal Control, Design and Implementation of Digital Controllers||1|
|CET718 Linear and Nonlinear Programming||1|
|CET719 Random Processes and Queuing Models||1|
|CET720 Decision Analysis||1|
|CET721 Robot Kinematics||1|
|CET722 Robot Control||1|
|CET723 Robotic Sensing and Sensors||1|
|CET725 Pattern Recognition and Stereo Vision||1|
|CET726 Three-dimensional computer vision||1|
|CET727 Process modelling||1|
|CET728 Model predictive control||1|
|CET729 Multivariable process control||1|
Listed courses are:
- Credit-bearing and stackable to Graduate Certificate in Computer Control and Automation (total 9AUs) and FlexiMasters in Computer Control and Automation (total 15AUs).
- SSG funded and SkillsFuture Credit approved.