Machine learning is an important topic in data science to train machines based on big data in order to predict future outcomes/results.
- Graduate Certificate in Professional Chemical and Biomedical Engineering Practices
- FlexiMasters in Professional Chemical and Biomedical Engineering Practices
Upon completion of course, learner should be able to:
1. develop an understanding of data science and how machine learning plays an important part in it;
2. Perform basic python programming in Jupyter notebook for data science applications;
3. Understand a wide variety of machine learning algorithms and tools and;4. Apply basic machine learning algorithms and tools to extract inferential information from data and report on the expected accuracy in prediction for applying the models.
1. Introduction to data science and its applications in real-world problems
2. Machine learning in data science
3. Basic Python Programming
4. Data science using Python in Jupyter notebook
5. Machine Learning Approach #1: Linear Regression
6. Machine Learning Approach #2: Classification
7. Machine Learning Approach #3: Clustering
8. Machine Learning Approach #4: Anomaly Detection9. Application of algorithms from the above four approaches on real data using python in Jupyter notebook
Fresh Graduates, working professionals from industry, professionals seeking for mid-career change.
Standard Course Fee: S$1,605
|Course fee payable after SSG funding, if eligible under various schemes|
|Cat-A SSG Funded Courses||S$481.50|
|Enhanced Training Support for SMEs (ETSS)||S$181.50|
|Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy (MCES)||S$181.50|
- All fees stated are inclusive of 7% GST.
- NTU/NIE alumni may utilise their $1,600 Alumni Course Credits. Click here for more information.
|COURSE TITLE||ACADEMIC UNIT|
|CET319 Bridging the industry skills||1|
|CET320 Decision Making through Data Analytics||1|
|CET321 Industrial Safety skills and applications||1|
|CET322 Innovations through Design Thinking||1|
|CET323 Develop your Success in Engineering Career||1|
|CET324 From Engineering to Project Management||1|
|CET325 Six Sigma for Engineers||1|
|CET327 Process Engineering in Chemical Process Industry (CPI)||1|
|CET328 Process Plant Troubleshooting & Engineering Problem Solving||1|
|CET329 Quality assurance and control in Chemical Process Industry||1|
|CET330 Root Cause Analysis for Incident Investigation||1|
|CET331 Practical Supply Chain and Logistics||1|
|CET332 Fundamental considerations in the health and biomedical sector||1|
|CET333 Instrumentation Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry||1|
|CET334 Instrumentation FTIR-TGA-Size||1|
|CET335 Point-of-Care In Vitro Diagnostics||1|
|CET336 Instrumentation Raman Spectroscopy, ICP-OES and XRD||1|
Listed courses are:
- Credit-bearing and stackable to Graduate Certificate in Professional Chemical and Biomedical Engineering Practices (total 9AUs) and FlexiMasters in Professional Chemical and Biomedical Engineering Practices (total 15AUs).
- SkillsFuture Credit approved.