This course aims to provide a good fundamental understanding of advanced nonlinear optical phenomena, which are the working principles of major photonic devices and systems, as well as optical characterization tools.
This course is part of:
- Graduate Certificate in Precision Instrumentation
- FlexiMasters in Precision Instrumentation
On completion of the course, the learners will acquire a good understanding of the experimental techniques of optical device and systems that commonly available in photonics industry.
1. Ultrafast laser and ultrafast nonlinear optics: pulsed optics, e.g. short pulse propagation in linear and nonlinear media, chirped pulse, group-velocity-dispersion, optical elements; femtosecond laser pulse generation and mode-locking method; pulse amplification, compression, and measurement;
2. Experimental techniques for selected advanced optical instrumentation, e.g. pump-probe, ultrafast optical Kerr gate, fluorescence up-conversion and streak camera.
Standard Course Fee: S$2,675
|Course fee payable after SSG funding, if eligible under various schemes|
Cat-A SSG Funded Courses
Enhanced Training Support for SMEs (ETSS)
Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy (MCES)
- All fees stated are inclusive of 7% GST.
- NTU/NIE alumni may utilise their $1,600 Alumni Course Credits. Click here for more information.
|COURSE TITLE||ACADEMIC UNIT|
|CET310 Precision Instrumentation Techniques I||1|
|CET311 Precision Instrumentation Techniques II||1|
|CET312 Precision Instrumentation Techniques III||2|
|CET313 Concept of Experimental Condensed Matter Physics||2|
|CET314 Principle of Experimental Techniques in Condensed Matter Physics||2|
|CET315 Principles of Solid-State Electronic Devices||2|
|CET316 Fabrication of Solid-State Electronic Devices||2|
|CET317 Concepts of Nonlinear Optics||2|
- Credit-bearing and stackable to Graduate Certificate in Precision Instrumentation (total 9AUs) and FlexiMasters in Precision Instrumentation (total 15AUs).
- SSG funded and SkillsFuture Credit approved.