This course aims to teach student the working principles of major solid state devices, such as memory and transistor, that available as advanced manufacturing in Singapore’s microelectronic industry.
This course is part of:
- Graduate Certificate in Precision Instrumentation
- FlexiMasters in Precision Instrumentation
On completion of the course, the learners will have a good understanding of the working principles of semiconductor devices. Learners will learn the main functionality and applications of the devices; and they will be able to use devices correctly in advanced manufacturing industry or design of experiments in R&D.
Quantitative understanding and analysis of semiconductor physics, including electronic band structures; charge carrier concentrations; p-n junction physics; junction and tunnel diodes; metal-semiconductor contacts; metal-oxide-semiconductor field effect transistor (MOSFET), application specific transistors MOSFET and FinFET; volatile memories, SRAM, DRAM; floating gate devices; bipolar junction transistor (BJT) principles, microwave and power devices.
Standard Course Fee: S$2,675
|Course fee payable after SSG funding, if eligible under various schemes|
Cat-A SSG Funded Courses
Enhanced Training Support for SMEs (ETSS)
Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy (MCES)
- All fees stated are inclusive of 7% GST.
- NTU/NIE alumni may utilise their $1,600 Alumni Course Credits. Click here for more information.
|COURSE TITLE||ACADEMIC UNIT|
|CET310 Precision Instrumentation Techniques I||1|
|CET311 Precision Instrumentation Techniques II||1|
|CET312 Precision Instrumentation Techniques III||2|
|CET313 Concept of Experimental Condensed Matter Physics||2|
|CET314 Principle of Experimental Techniques in Condensed Matter Physics||2|
|CET316 Fabrication of Solid-State Electronic Devices||2|
|CET317 Concepts of Nonlinear Optics||2|
|CET318 Principles of Nonlinear Optics Experimental Techniques||2|
- Credit-bearing and stackable to Graduate Certificate in Precision Instrumentation (total 9AUs) and FlexiMasters in Precision Instrumentation (total 15AUs).
- SSG funded and SkillsFuture Credit approved.