Precision engineering is the core technology that driving the development of advanced manufacturing, which involve instrumentation and techniques. This is a laboratory-based course that aims to train student on precision instrumentation skills.
This course is part of:
- Graduate Certificate in Precision Instrumentation
- FlexiMasters in Precision Instrumentation
On completion of the course, the learners will acquire good physics understanding and training skills of the chosen precision instrumentation techniques.
Learner will have a choice to choose ONE experimental technique for operation understanding from either section A or section B listed below:
A. Signal Measurement and Analysis Techniques:
• Signal analysis by using lock-in amplifying techniques
• Noise control and analysis by using Fourier methods
• RF signal analysis by using vector network analyser
• Memory device electrical measurement techniques
• Solar cell measurement techniques
B. Structural, Chemical and Optical Measurement Techniques
• Modern interferometry techniques
• Surface analysis by probe microscopy
• Structural characterisation by electron microscopy
• X-ray diffraction analysis and fitting
Standard Course Fee: S$2,675
|Course fee payable after SSG funding, if eligible under various schemes|
Cat-A SSG Funded Courses
Enhanced Training Support for SMEs (ETSS)
Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy (MCES)
- All fees stated are inclusive of 7% GST.
- NTU/NIE alumni may utilise their $1,600 Alumni Course Credits. Click here for more information.
|COURSE TITLE||ACADEMIC UNIT|
|CET310 Precision Instrumentation Techniques I||1|
|CET311 Precision Instrumentation Techniques II||1|
|CET313 Concept of Experimental Condensed Matter Physics||2|
|CET314 Principle of Experimental Techniques in Condensed Matter Physics||2|
|CET315 Principles of Solid-State Electronic Devices||2|
|CET316 Fabrication of Solid-State Electronic Devices||2|
|CET317 Concepts of Nonlinear Optics||2|
|CET318 Principles of Nonlinear Optics Experimental Techniques||2|
- Credit-bearing and stackable to Graduate Certificate in Precision Instrumentation (total 9AUs) and FlexiMasters in Precision Instrumentation (total 15AUs).
- SSG funded and SkillsFuture Credit approved.