- Graduate Certificate in Library Leadership and Management
- FlexiMasters in Library Leadership and Management
At the end of the course, learners will be able to:
- Recognize what is meant by reading culture and how they can inform community analysis. You will be able to find examples of such communities in your everyday life and think in a systematic way about their characteristics and operation.
- Identify the significance of a collection development policy and various elements of such a policy. You will be able to develop a collection policy for a library or information centre.
- Discuss the contribution libraries/librarians have and are making in society. You will develop a basic understanding of the role of the library and librarians in society over time.
- Develop their ethical reasoning skills. You will be able to examine library policies and practices through an ethical lens.
Standard Course Fee: S$4,860
SSG Funding Support
Course fee payable after SSG funding, if eligible under various schemes
BEFORE funding & GST
AFTER funding & 8% GST
Singapore Citizens (SCs) and Permanent Residents (PRs) (Up to 70% funding)
Enhanced Training Support for SMEs (ETSS)
SCs aged ≥ 40 years old
Associate Professor Brendan Luyt
|COURSE TITLE||ACADEMIC UNIT|
|CET186 Reference, User Services and Information Discovery*||3|
|CET187 Understanding Leadership in a Digitalized Environment*||3|
|CET188 Building Collections and Intellectual Foundations for the Information Professions*||3|
|CET189 Organizing Information Resources||3|
|CET190 Managing Information and Information Institutions||3|
*Students must complete these courses to obtain the Graduate Certificate. These courses represent the basic set of competencies for librarians. No other course combinations will lead to the award of the Graduate Certificate.
Listed courses are:
- Credit-bearing and stackable to Graduate Certificate in Library Leadership and Management (total 9 AUs) and FlexiMasters in Library Leadership and Management (15 AUs)