Data science involves the collection, management, processing, analysis, visualization, and interpretation of vast amounts of heterogeneous data associated with a diverse array of applications. Although it started over fifty years ago, data science has become important in the last ten years because of society’s move to an online lifestyle. Today, organisations have data on a wide variety of our data activities, and data scientist has become one of the most promising jobs in the 21st century. In this course, we will be analyzing data using Python, an interpreted general-purpose programming language. We will begin with using Python as a calculator and moving on to performing basic statistical calculations using Python and ending up with using Python to visualize data.
This course is part of:
- Graduate Certificate in Information Management and Analytics
- FlexiMasters in Information Management and Analytics
- Using Python as a calculator.
- Basic data types: integers, floats, and strings. Compound data types: lists, dictionaries, sets, and tuples.
- Flow control: if … else, for loop, while loop, break and continue, pass.
- Functions: arguments, recursion, Python modules and packages.
- File operations: opening and closing files, reading file content.
- Python date and time modules.
Working adults from the industry with some experience in information technology and related fields would better appreciate the course.
Good communication skills (written and spoken English) are recommended as some assessment components may require presentations and report writing.
Standard Course Fee: S$4,860
SSG Funding Support
Course fee payable after SSG funding, if eligible under various schemes
Fee BEFORE funding & GST
Fee AFTER funding & 8% GST
Singapore Citizens (SCs) and Permanent Residents (PRs) (Up to 70% funding)
Enhanced Training Support for SMEs (ETSS)
SCs aged ≥ 40 years old
• NTU/NIE alumni may utilise their $1,600 Alumni Course Credits. Click here for more information.
|COURSE TITLE||ACADEMIC UNIT|
|CET180 Information Discovery in the Age of the Internet||3|
|CET181 Information Retrieval Systems and Techniques||3|
|CET182 Introduction to Data Mining||3|
|CET183 Information Visualization Techniques||3|
|CET185 Knowledge Management Tools||3|
Listed courses are:
- Credit-bearing and stackable to Graduate Certificate in Information Management and Analytics (total 9AUs) and FlexiMasters in Information Management and Analytics (total 15AUs).
- SkillsFuture Credit approved.