Due to the increasing volume and velocity of information being generated every day, there is a growing need for information retrieval systems that deliver effective search and retrieval of information resources. The diversity of media types being transferred online and offline nowadays has also heightened the demand for retrieval systems that can handle multimedia retrieval well.
In light of the above developments, effective management and handling of information resources in this age require a strong knowledge of the principles and techniques of information retrieval systems. This course aims to increase learners' understanding of different information retrieval systems and processes and the ways to evaluate them
This course is part of:
- Graduate Certificate in Information Management and Analytics
- FlexiMasters in Information Management and Analytics
Working adults from the industry with some experience in information technology and related fields would better appreciate the course.
Good communication skills (written and spoken English) are recommended as some assessment components may require presentations and report writing.
Standard Course Fee: S$4,860
- All fees stated are inclusive of 8% GST.
- NTU/NIE alumni may utilise their $1,600 Alumni Course Credits. Click here for more information.
|COURSE TITLE||ACADEMIC UNIT|
|CET180 Information Discovery in the Age of the Internet||3|
|CET182 Introduction to Data Mining||3|
|CET183 Information Visualization Techniques||3|
|CET184 Python for Data Analytics||3|
|CET185 Knowledge Management Tools||3|
Listed courses are:
- Credit-bearing and stackable to Graduate Certificate in Information Management and Analytics (total 9AUs) and FlexiMasters in Information Management and Analytics (total 15AUs).
- SkillsFuture Credit approved.