The course’s coverage includes topics such as cell functions, genetics, biotechnology applications, and biotech careers, and covers controversial issues such as genetic engineering, genetically modified organisms, cloning, and potential dangers to humans and the environment.
*Certificate of Completion will be issued basing on given criteria. Please take all the required online tests and score at least 80% each.
Date(s): 01 Apr 2021 to 31 Mar 2022
Registration Closing Date: 31 Mar 2022
Students gains a good introduction to the core concepts biotechnology, its applications and related issues.
- The Phenomena of Biotechnology.
- The Historical Development of Biotechnology.
- The Principles of Scientific Research.
- Cells: The Foundation of Life.
- The Principles of Gene Transfer.
- Producing Genetically Modified Organisms.
- Animal Cloning.
- Plant Cloning.
- Biotechnology in Plant Science.
- Biotechnology in Animal Reproduction.
- Biotechnology in Medicine.
- Biotechnology in the Food Industry.
- Biotechnology in Ecology.
- Consumer Concerns about Biotechnology.
- Ethical Issues and Biotechnology.
- Careers in Biotechnology.
- Biotechnology: Old and New.
- From DNA to Proteins.
- Basic Principles of Recombinant DNA Technology.
- Basic Principles of Immunology.
- Microbial Biotechnology.
- Plant Biotechnology.
- Animal Biotechnology.
- Marine Biotechnology.
- Medical Biotechnology.
- DNA Profiling, Forensics, and Other Applications.
- Regulation, Patents, and Society.
Standard Course Fee: S$385.00
All fees stated are inclusive of 7% GST