Inspection is a key element in advanced manufacturing for quality assurance. However, most of the current techniques are based on manual inspection, which is tedious with low efficiency. In this course, we will provide new insight of non-destructive testing (NDT) for Industry 4.0, highlighting the role of automated inspection and advanced imaging.
Date(s): 04 Aug 2022
Time: 9:00AM to 5:00PM
Venue: NTU Yunnan Campus
Registration Closing Date: 22 Jul 2022
The training provides participants with:
• Basic knowledge on non-destructive testing
• Applications of NDT techniques in advanced manufacturing
• Development of an insight for NDT 4.0
• Overview of other common NDT techniques (visual, dye penetrant, magnetic particle, radiography, eddy current) and their applications in advanced manufacturing. Introduction of inspection 4.0.
• Principle of ultrasonic inspection, waves properties (frequency, wavelength, velocity), acoustic velocity and impedance, Reflection and transmission of acoustic wave, Snell’s Law
• Ultrasonic wave generation (PZT transducers, transducer characterization, cables and connectors)
• Ultrasonic measurements (pulse-echo, pitch catch mode, Velocity and attenuation measurement, Data representation methods: A- Scan, B - Scan, C - Scan), demonstration
• Ultrasonic applications (flaw detector, thickness gauging, weld inspection).
• Ultrasonic phased array (principle, applications, delay laws, advanced imaging algorithm), demonstration
• Electromagnetic induction and basic principles of eddy current inspection
• Understand impedance plane, lift off, penetration depth, phase lag
• Be familiar with eddy current instrumentation, probes, and reference standards
• Understand applications of eddy current in advanced manufacturing (crack detection, thickness measurement, coating measurement, conductivity measurement, tube inspection. Demonstration.
Demonstration of advanced inspection techniques for manufacturing
• Ultrasonic phased array imaging in additively manufactured components
• Ultrasonic C scan for composites
The course is designed for various disciplines that includes engineers in Design, Production, Quality Control, Inspectors, Safety, Maintenance, Process and Operators; covering major industries not limited to Manufacturing, Aerospace, Building and Construction, Oil and Gas.
Standard Course Fee: S$963.00
Course fee payable after SSG funding, if eligible under various schemes
Cat-A SSG Funded Courses
Enhanced Training Support for SMEs (ETSS)
Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy (MCES)
- All fees stated are inclusive of 7% GST
- NTU/NIE alumni may utilise their $1,600 Alumni Course Credits. Click here for more information.