The confluence of internet-based technology and big data has proven a boon to fruitful innovations in financial services, a sector that touches on the lives of just about everybody. This programme aims to explore FinTech from an economic, technical, regulatory perspective and discover the impact of breakthrough technology such as AI, blockchain, and cloud computing to the existing practices of the banking and finance industry.
6 days, every Thursday
(11 Nov - 16 Dec)
Nov - Dec 2021
This programme aims to help participants gain a comprehensive understanding of the latest breakthroughs in FinTech. Participants will explore a broad range of topics which can be found below.
At the end of the course, participants would be able to gain insights into:
- Visualisation of the FinTech Landscape
- Deep Dive into the Dynamic Banking Industry
- Fundamentals of Banking Innovation
- The Evolution of Money and Payments
- Innovation and Disruption in Financial Markets
- Rethinking Credit, Lending and Funding
- Banking Infrastructure and Rise of RegTech
- Forging ahead in FinTech Innovation
*NTC reserves the right to reserves the right to make changes to the above programme schedule according to the circumstances at any particular time.
Please download the course brochure for the programme here.
Prof Lam Kwok Yan
Director, Nanyang Technopreneurship Center
Professor, School of Computer Science and Engineering
- Renowned Cyber Security scientist and practitioner.
- Lead P.I. of the SPIRIT Programme, an S$11,000,000 programme on smart nation research funded by NRF.
- Founder of PrivyLink International Ltd in, a spin-off company of the NUS, specializing in e-security technologies for homeland security and financial systems
- Co-founded Soda Pte Ltd with a HK-based medical clinics operator.
Dr Pei Sai Fan
Co-founder of Lee & Pei Finance Institute
Former Director of Banking Supervision, MAS and Director of MAS Academy
- Over 20 years of Senior Management Role in banking career in both commercial and investment banking.
- Over 14 years experiences in MAS in banking and finance industry regulation and governance.
- Adjunct Professor in NUS, NTU and SMU
- Angel investor, adviser and mentor to FinTech start-ups.
Assoc Prof Bo An
Associate Professor, School of Computer Science and Engineering, NTU
President’s Council Chair in Computer Science and Engineering
- Recipient of AIs 10 to Watch, by IEEE Intelligent Systems
- Expert in artificial intelligence, multiagent systems, computational game theory, reinforcement learning, and optimization.
- His research results have been successfully applied to many domains including infrastructure security and e-commerce.
- Lead the research on Hierarchical Reinforced Framework for Portfolio Management
- Lead the NTU-WeBank joint research
Dr Sourav Sen Gupta
Lecturer, School of Computer Science and Engineering, NTU
- Yearly research in the field of Cryptology, Bitcoin, Cryptocurrencies and Blockchain Technology, as well as in applications of Machine Learning in Cybersecurity.
- Published research papers in top-tier journals and conferences in cryptology and security, has served in technical committees of top conferences in related fields.
Co-Founder of FOMO Pay, Leading Singapore FinTech Startup
Forbes Asia 30 under 30, Singapore FinTech Leader
Council Member of Forbes Finance Council
Global Innovator of World Economic Forum
- Sitting in Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) SGQR Taskforce.
- Active speaker to promote cashless payment invited by World Economic Forum, MAS Academy, INSEAD, Google, Morgan Stanley, Citibank, Credit Suisse, DBS, Ernst & Yong,etc.
- Featured by Forbes, South China Morning Post, Channel News Asia, TechInAsia, Yahoo Finance, Business Times, etc.
- Co-Founder & CEO of Cynopsis Solutions, an award-winning end-to-end RegTech solution provider. Under his leadership, Cynopsis Solutions is named as a Top 10 Fastest Growing Company in Singapore 2020 by The Straits Times and Top 50 High Growth Company in Asia Pacific 2020 by The Financial Times.
- More than 20 years of financial and capital markets experience in Asia, gained largely from working in Macquarie Group and ING Bank.
- More than a decade experiences as Regional Head of Compliance in leading banking and finance institution.
- Recipient of MAS FinTech Awards 2018
- Among Top 10 FinTech Leader in Singapore 2019 by Singapore FinTech Association (SFA).
- Regular speaker at leading local and regional conferences and seminars.
Co-Founder and Group CEO of Funding Societies, Modalku, Digital
MBA, Harvard Business School
- Founded Societies-Modalku, an online marketplace lending platform for SME (P2P lending), funded by Sequoia Capital.
- Yearly consultancy experience by working in Accenture and McKinsey & Co. and developed capability in develop and implement corporate and operations strategy.
Who Should Attend?
Bank executives, professionals, managers, entrepreneurs, or anyone who desires to gain a deeper understanding of FinTech innovation.
Full Course Fees
S$5,880 (w/o GST)
1. SkillsFuture Series
Full Course Fees
|Base Grant||70% (capped at $13,000)||Singaporean / Singaporean PR age 21 and above||Course Fee: $5,880 - $4,116 = $1,764|
Full Fee Payable: $1887.48
|Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy (MCES)||90% (capped at $13,000)||Singaporean age 40 and above||Course Fee: $5,880 - $5,292 = $588.00|
Full Fee Payable: $711.48
|Enhanced Training Support for SMEs (ETSS)||90% (capped at $13,000)||Singaporean / Singaporean PR who is SME sponsored||Course Fee: $5,880 - $5,292 = $588.00|
Full Fee Payable: $711.48
2. SkillsFuture Credit
Singapore Citizens aged 25 and above may use their SkillsFuture Credits (up to S$500) to pay for the course fees. The credits may be used on top of existing course fee funding. This is only applicable to self-sponsored participants. Applications via MySkillsFuture.sg must be made within 60 days before course commencement. Please click here for the user guide on how to submit your claim.
From 1 April 2020, a one-off SkillsFuture Credit top-up of $500 will be provided to every Singapore Citizens aged 25 years and above as at 31 December 2020. This top-up will expire on 31 December 2025. Eligible Singaporeans can now start using their one-off credit top-up to offset the full fee payable.
3. Absentee Payroll
Companies who sponsor their employees for the course may apply for Absentee Payroll via the SkillsConnect system. For more information, please visit SkillsConnect.
4. NTU Alumni Course Credit
From 1 July 2019, NTU alumni may utilise their course credits of S$1,600.00 to co-pay up to 50% of the nett fee (exclusive of prevailing GST) payable for courses with starting date from 1 July 2019 onwards. There will be no administrative fee involved for the use of NTU Alumni Course Credits on courses with starting date from 1 July 2019 onwards. For more information, please visit here.
Online assessments and evaluations will be conducted at the end of the course. Participants taking the SkillsFuture grant must comply with the following requirements to be awarded with the grant:
Achieving minimum attendance (75% of the total module hours)
Completion and pass the programme assessments
Participants who have fulfilled the requirements will receive the programme certificate upon completion.
Registration is open till 4 Nov 2021. Click here to register.
For enquiries, contact us at
Ms Pamela Lim firstname.lastname@example.org | 6316 2999
Ms Vikki Zhu email@example.com | 6513 7657
Registration is open
5 Sep - 4 Nov 2021Apply Now