The NISTH Seed Grants, seek interdisciplinary collaborative projects that measure, adopt, deploy, evaluate and develop scientific and technological systems and software, combined with social science and humanities. Thus far, we have launched three successful grants for established researchers and have just launched the inaugural grant for Early career researchers.
The Seed Grant's objective is to support:
- Interdisciplinary collaboration between the technical and the social sciences and humanities that have a high potential to lead to findings with a societal impact;
- feasibility studies that lead to larger scale Academic-Industry-Government collaboration aimed at the assessment and adoption of technological interventions and
- the development of a larger grant proposal in the direction of the proposed research.
We are seeking to appoint a Postdoctoral Fellow to undertake research in the Social Trust of AI. This is a survey-based study that aims to measure the level of social trust in Artificial Intelligence-based technologies in four East Asian countries, including Singapore, Taiwan, Japan, and South Korea. The study is conducted at NTU Institute of Science and Technology for Humanity (NISTH), Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. The contract is for 1 (one) year with a possible extension for another year.
- PhD in a relevant field such as science and technology studies (STS), sociology, psychology, geography, economics, philosophy, communication, or a related field. (Degree must be in hand to start the fellowship as a post-doc.)
- Experience conducting quantitative research.
- Experience formulating survey questionnaires.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to communicate in and across different disciplines.
Please send a cover letter and CV to [email protected]