Librarian, Emerging Technologies
NTU Library invites applications for the position of Librarian or Senior Librarian (Emerging Technologies) for our Digital Technology and Analytics Team. The successful candidate will collaborate extensively with various library teams/units in offering innovative and comprehensive technology solutions for a variety of library's digital initiatives to support the learning, teaching and research needs of NTU community. The incumbent will also be responsible for optimizing the library's enterprise systems, including Alma/Primo and to explore, experiment emerging technologies for library, identify opportunities and implement innovative solutions to optimize work processes, enable data driven decision making and enhance digital library services.
- Manage and optimise the library's enterprise SaaS systems, which includes Alma/Primo and Leganto, and maintain its integration with other university systems.
- Explore, evaluate, and experiment new and emerging digital technologies and identify suitable tools for application in library.
- Collaborate extensively with all library teams, seek new opportunities, and propose and implement innovative digital solutions for continuous improvement.
- Automate work processes with relevant technology to improve efficiency/productivity.
- Facilitate data linking across different library platforms by integrating systems and processes with API.
- Design and manage data analytics dashboards to enable data driven decision making by individual teams.
- Provide training to build staff awareness and confidence in using library software applications, tools, equipment, and its new features
- Coordinate and manage special projects assigned.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Master's degree in Library and Information Science from a recognised university.
- At least 2-3 years of working experience in Information Technology projects preferably in academic libraries or education/research institutions.
- Demonstrated skills with modern programming languages, data visualisation tools and digital technologies. (e.g., XML, JSON, RPA, QlikSense, Python, PHP, PowerApps, Chatbots, Web scraping, APIs)
- Knowledge or experience in the administration of Alma, Primo and Leganto platforms is an advantage.
- Experience in facilitation and documentation of technical and end-user requirements, requirement specifications and documentation in accordance with recognized best practices.
- Passionate in experimenting emerging technologies and excited by its possibilities, have the confidence and drive for continual learning to keep up with the trend.
- Ability to advise users in process re-engineering and present innovative solutions to challenging problems.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving ability supported by project management experience, and facilitation capabilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including an ability to explain complex technology to non-technical users.
- Effective interpersonal skills to develop good working relations among peers, colleagues, and stakeholders.
- Agile with demonstrated sound organizational skills, and the ability to handle and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously in a timely manner in a fast-paced environment
To apply, please submit application, resume and cover letter
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.