I have been an IACR member since 1998 and had faculty/research positions at several universities from different countries: Australia, China, Japan and Singapore. I would like to contribute my experiences to promote research, education and collaborations in the crypto community, especially for the Asia-Pacific region.
I received a PhD in Mathematics from University of Haifa, Israel in 1996 and a PhD in Computer Science from University of Wollongong, Australia in 2001. I am an associate professor at Nanyang Technological University (NTU) in Singapore, where I served as the Head of Division of Mathematical Sciences from 2013 to 2015. Currently, I am also the deputy director of Strategic Centre for Research in Privacy-Preserving Technologies & Systems (SCRIPTS) at NTU. Prior to NTU, I held faculty positions at Macquarie University, University of Wollongong in Australia and Fujian Normal University in China, as well as research positions at City University of Hong Kong, National University of Singapore and Kobe University in Japan.
I have more than 20 year experience of research in cryptography and information security. I am the author/co-author of 1 book, 9 edited books and over 200 papers in international journals and conferences. I actively publish in IACR conferences and workshops. I have supervised 27 PhD students (24 graduated), many of them are now active researchers and/or faculty members working around IACR (see the list of my PhD students). I received the inaugural Award of Best Research Contribution awarded by the Computer Science Association of Australasia in 2004 for my research contribution to the authentication theory. I was invited speaker of Asiacrypt 2017.
Below is the list of my major service contributions to the crypto community.
Steering Committee Member of International Conferences
1. ProvSec (2019 --)
2. NutMiC (2017 -- )
3. Asiacrypt (2016 )
4. CANS (2005 )
5. IWCC (2007 2012)
Organizer/Chair/PC member of international conferences
1. Program co-Chair of Asiacrypt 2020 & 2021.
2. Program co-Chair of 3rd International Workshop on Coding and cryptology, Qingdao, China, 2011.
3. General Secretary, Asiacrypt 2010, Singapore, 2010.
4. Program co-Chair of 2nd International Workshop on Coding and cryptology, Zhang Jia Jie, China, 2009.
5. Organizing Chair of 6th International Conference on Cryptology and Network Security (CANS07), Singapore, 2007.
6. Program co-Chair of International Workshop on Coding and cryptology, Wuyi Mountain, Fujian, China, 2007.
7. Program Co-chair of 4th International Conference on Cryptology and Network Security (CANS05), Xiamen, China, 2005.
8. Program Co-chair of 9th Australasian Conference on Information Security and Privacy (ACISP04), Sydney, Australia, 2004.
9. Organizing Chair of Workshop on Cryptography and Computational Number Theory (CCNT99), Singapore.
10. The program committee member of more than 100 international conferences.
Editorial board of international journals
1. Associate Editor of the International Journal of Applied Cryptography (2017 ).
2. Guest Editor for Special Issue on Cryptography and Provable Security, International Journal of Foundations of Computer Science, 2017 - 2018.
3. Editorial board of Journal of Cryptographic Research (2016 ).
4. Editorial board of International Journal of Foundations of Computer Science (2012 ).
5. Editorial board of Designs, Codes and Cryptography (2006 2012).
6. Editor of Communications and Networks (2004 2014 ).
7. Invited Guest Editorial Board of Journal of Universal Computer Science, Special Issue on Cryptography in Computer System Security, 2006/2007.
8. Invited Guest Editorial Board of International Journal of Security and Networks (IJSN), Special Issue on Cryptography in Networks, 2005/2006.