Densely Connected User Community and Location Cluster Search in Location-Based Social Networks
STAR: A Distributed Stream Warehouse System for Spatial Data (Demo)
SSTD: A Distributed System on Streaming Spatio-Textual Data
Efficient and Effective Similar Subtrajectory Search with Deep Reinforcement Learning
Online Anomalous Trajectory Detection with Deep Generative Sequence Modeling
Spatial Transition Learning on Road Networks with Deep Probabilistic Models
Context-aware Deep Model for Joint Mobility and Time Prediction
HyperML: A Boosting Metric Learning Approach in Hyperbolic Space for Recommender Systems
HME: A Hyperbolic Metric Embedding Approach for Next-POI Recommendation
Global Context Enhanced Graph Nerual Networks for Session-based Recommendation
PGeoTopic: A Distributed Solution for Mining Geographical Topic Models
Deterministic Inference of Topic Models via Maximal Latent State Replication
Computing Trajectory Similarity in Linear Time: A Generic Seed-Guided Neural Metric Learning Approach
Finding attribute-aware similar regions for data analysis
Learning Travel Time Distributions with Deep Generative Model
Effective and Efficient Sports Play Retrieval with Deep Representation Learning
Interact and Decide: Medley of Sub-Attention Networks for Effective Group Recommendation
SURGE: Continuous Detection of Bursty Regions Over a Stream of Spatial Objects
Exploring Market Competition over Topics in Spatio-Temporal Document Collections
Efficient Selection of Geospatial Data on maps for Interactive Visualized Exploration
Finding Seeds and Relevant Tags Jointly: For Targeted Influence Maximization in Social Networks
ANR: Aspect-based Neural Recommender (code )
Inf2vec: Latent Representation Model for Social Influence Embedding
On Spatial Pattern Matching
SURGE: Continuous Detection of Bursty Regions over a Stream of Spatial Objects
Efficient Similar Region Search with Deep Metric Learning
Periodic-CRN: A Convolutional Recurrent Model for Crowd Density Prediction with Recurring Periodic Patterns
High-dimensional Similarity Learning via Dual-sparse Random Projection
PANDA: A System for Partial Topology-based Search on Large Networks (Demo)
Linking Fine-Grained Locations in User Comments
Reverse k Nearest Neighbor Search over Trajectories
Distributed Algorithms on Exact Personalized PageRank
An Experimental Evaluation of Point-of-interest Recommendation in Location-based Social Networks (code and dataset)
Discovering Fine Grained Pollution Sources and Propagation Patterns in Urban Area
Biclustering: An application of Dual Topic Models
Distributed Publish/Subscribe Query Processing on the Spatio-Textual Data Stream
A General Model for Out-of-town Region Recommendation
POI2Vec: Geographical Latent Representation for Predicting Future Visitors
PRED: Periodic Region Detection for Mobility Modeling of Social Media Users
Analyzing Sentiments in One Go: A Supervised Joint Topic Modeling Approach
Influence maximization in trajectory databases
PANDA: Towards Partial Topology-based Search on Large Networks in a Single Machine
Towards Personalized Maps: Mining User Preferences from Geo-textual Data (Demo website)
A System for Region Search and Exploration (Demo website)
Tutorial: Querying Geo-Textual Data: Spatial Keyword Queries and Beyond (Tutorial slides )
Topic Exploration in Spatio-Temporal Document Collections
Towards Best Region Search for Data Exploration
Invited paper: Querying and Mining Geo-textual Data for Exploration: Challenges and Opportunities
Recognition and Linking of Fine-Grained Locations from Tweets [pdf]
Annotating Points of Interest with Geo-tagged Tweets
Efficient Processing of Location-Aware Group Preference Queries
ConTrack: A Scalable Method For Tracking Multiple Concepts In Large Scale Multidimensional Data
Learning to Find Topic Experts in Twitter via Different Relations
A General Recommendation Model for Heterogeneous Networks
Where you Instagram? Associating Your Instagram Photos with Points of Interest [pdf]
Rank-GeoFM: A Ranking based Geographical Factorization Method for Point of Interest Recommendation [pdf]
Diversity-Aware Top-k Publish/Subscribe for Text Stream [pdf]
Efficient Algorithms for Answering the m-Closest Keywords Query [pdf]
SAR: A Sentiment-Aspect-Region Model for User Preference Analysis in Geo-tagged Reviews [pdf]
Mining User Intents in Twitter: A Semi-Supervised Approach to Inferring Intent Categories for Tweets [pdf]
On Information Coverage for Location Category Based Point-of-Interest Recommendation
DynaDiffuse: A Dynamic Diffusion Model for Continuous Time Constrained Influence Maximization
A Tri-Role Topic Model for Domain-Specific Question Answering
Personalized Ranking Metric Embedding for Next New POI Recommendation [pdf]
Efficient Processing of Spatial Group Keyword Queries
ACM Transactions on Information Systems (TOIS)
Xin Cao, Gao Cong, Bin Cui, Christian S. Jensen, Quan Yuan
Clustering in Value Investing
IEEE Intelligent Systems
Kelvin Sim, Vivekanand
Gopalkrishnan, Clifton Phua, Gao
· Integrating Community Question and Answer Archives
Proc. of AAAI
Wei Wei, Gao Cong, Xiaoli Li, See-Kiong Ng, Guohui Li
· Efficient Continuously Moving Top-K Spatial Keyword Query Processing
Proceedings of the 27th IEEE International Conference on Data Engineering (ICDE), 2011.
Dingming Wu, Man Lung Yiu, Christian S. Jensen, Gao Cong,
· On the Complexity of View Update Analysis and its Application to Annotation Propagation
IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering (TKDE),
Gao Cong, Wenfei Fan, Floris Geerts, Jianzhong Li, and Jizhou Luo
· Partial Evaluation for Distributed XPath Query Processing and Beyond
ACM Transactions on Database Systems (TODS).
Gao Cong, Wenfei Fan, Anastasios Kementsietsidis, Jianzhong Li, and Xianmin Liu
· Joint Top-K Spatial Keyword Query Processing,
IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering (TKDE)
D. Wu, M. L. Yiu, G. Cong, C. S. Jensen
Enhanced Subspace Clustering
Kelvin Sim, Vivekanand Gopalkrishnan, Arthur Zimek, Gao Cong
Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery
Actionable 3D Subspace Clustering
Kelvin Sim, Ghim-Eng Yap, David R. Hardoon, Vivekanand Gopalkrishnan, Gao Cong, Suryani Lukman
IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering
· Retrieving Top-k Prestige-Based Relevant Spatial Web Objects
Proceedings of 36th International Conference on Very Large Data Bases (VLDB), PVLDB, 2010
· Mining Significant Semantic Locations From GPS Data,
Proceedings of 36th International Conference on Very Large Data Bases (VLDB), PVLDB journal track, 2010
· Exploring Domain-specific Term Weight in Archived Question Search.
Proceedings of the 19th ACM Conference on Information and Knowledge Management (CIKM), (short paper in IR track)
Zhao-Yan Ming, Tat-Seng Chua, Gao Cong:
· Community-based Greedy Algorithm for Mining Top-K Influential Nodes in Mobile Social Networks [PDF]
Proceedings of KDD, 2010
Yu Wang, Gao Cong, Guojie Song, Kunqing Xie.
· A Generalized Framework of Exploring Category Information for Question Retrieval in Community Question Answer Archives. (supplementary materials on dataset)
The 19th International World Wide Web Conference (WWW) 2010
· Evolutionary Taxonomy Construction from Dynamic Tag Space
The 11th International Conference on Web Information System Engineering (WISE 2010, best paper runner-up award)
Bin Cui, Junjie Yao, Gao Cong, and Yuxin Huang
· Using Transactional Data from ERP Systems for Expert Finding [PDF]
21st International Conference on Database and Expert Systems Applications (DEXA), 2010
Lars K. Schunk, Gao Cong.
· Content-enriched Classifier for Web Video Classification
Proceedings of the 33rd Annual ACM SIGIR Conference, 2010
Bin Cui, Ce Zhang, Gao Cong
· ISIS: A New Approach for Efficient Similarity Search in Sparse Databases
The 15th International Conference on Database Systems for Advanced Applications (DASFAA) 2010
Bin Cui, J. Zhao and Gao Cong
· Efficient Algorithms for Computing Link-based Similarity in Real World Networks.
Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Data Mining (ICDM). 2009 (Short Paper)
Yuanzhe Cai, Gao Cong, Xu Jia, Hongyan Liu, Jun He, Jiaheng Lu, Xiaoyong Du.
· The Use of Categorization Information in Language Models for Question Retrieval. (supplementary materials on dataset)
Proceedings of the 18th ACM Conference on Information and Knowledge Management (CIKM) 2009
· Efficient Retrieval of the Top-k Most Relevant Spatial Web Objects
Proceedings of 35th International Conference on Very Large Data Bases (VLDB).2009
· Routing Questions to Right Users in Online Communities
Proceedings of the ICDE 2009
, , , Christian S. Jensen,
· A Revisit of Query Expansion with Different Semantic Levels
Proceedings of the DASFAA 2009
Ce Zhang, Cui Bin, Gao Cong, YuJing Wang:
· Finding Question-Answer Pairs from Online Forums
Proceedings of the 31st Annual International ACM SIGIR Conference, 2008
Gao Cong, Long Wang, Chin-Yew Lin, Y.I. Song, Y. Sun:
· Using Conditional Random Fields to Extract Contexts and Answers of Questions from Online Forums. (supplementary materials on data)
The 46th Annual Meeting of the Association for Computational Linguistics. ACL 2008
Shilin Ding, Gao Cong, Chin-Yew Lin and Xiaoyan Zhu
· Semantic Similarity Based on Compact Concept Ontology.
Proceedings of the WWW 2008 (Poster)
Ce Zhang, YuJing Wang, Bin Cui, Gao Cong
· Updating Recursive XML Views of Relations.
Journal of Computer Science and Technology 2008
Byron Choi, Gao Cong, Wenfei Fan, Stratis D. Viglas
· Improving Data Quality: Consistency and Accuracy.
Proceedings of the VLDB 2007
Gao Cong, Wenfei Fan, Floris Geerts, Xibei Jia, Shuai Ma
· Query and Update Through XML Views.
Proceedings of the DNIS 2007 (Invited paper)
· Query XML with Update Syntax.
Proceedings of ACM International Conference on Management of Data (SIGMOD) 2007
Wenfei Fan, Gao Cong, Philip Bohannon
· Distributed Query Evaluation with Performance Guarantees.
Proceedings of ACM International Conference on Management of Data (SIGMOD) 2007
· Detecting Erroneous Sentences using labeled sequential Patterns and Tree Patterns.
Proceedings of the AAAI 2007.
Guihua Sun, Gao Cong, Xiaohua Liu, Chin-Yew Lin, Ming Zhou.
· Detecting Erroneous Sentences using Automatically Mined Sequential Patterns.
Proceedings of the 45th Annual Meeting of the Association for Computational Linguistics. ACL 2007.
Guihua Sun, Xiaohua Liu, Gao Cong, Ming Zhou, Zhongyang Xiong, Chin-Yew Lin, John Lee.
· Updating recursive XML views of relations.
Proceedings of the 23rd International Conference on Database Engineering (ICDE), 2007.
· Annotation Propagation Revisited for Key Preserving Views.
Proceedings of the 15th ACM Conference on Information and Knowledge Management (CIKM), 2006.
· Using Partial Evaluation in Distributed Query Evaluation.
Proceedings of the 32nd International Conference on Very Large Data Bases (VLDB), 2006
· Composite Acoustic Features for Efficient Music Similarity Query.
Proceedings of 14th ACM International Conference on Multimedia (ACM MM), 2006.
Bin Cui, Jialie Shen, Gao Cong, Heng Tao Shen, Cui Yu.
· An Estimation System for XPath Expressions.
Proceedings of the 22th IEEE International Conference on Data Engineering (ICDE)2006
· Summarizing frequent patterns using profiles.
Proceedings of the 9th International Conference on Database Systems for Advanced Applications (DASFAA) 2006
Gao Cong, Bin Cui, Yingxin Li, Zonghong Zhang.
· Mining Top-k Covering Rule Groups for Gene Expression Data.
Proceedings of the ACM International Conference on Management of Data (SIGMOD) 2005
· On effective E-mail Classification via Neural Networks.
Proceedings of the 16th International Conference on Database and Expert Systems Applications (DEXA) 2005
· Mining Frequent Closed Patterns in Microarray Data.
Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Data Mining, (ICDM). 2004
Proceedings of the ACM SIGKDD International Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining (KDD) 2004
Cuiping Li, Gao Cong, Anthony K. H. Tung Shan Wang.
· Semantic Mining and Analysis of Gene Expression Data (Demo).
Proceedings of the 30th International Conference on Very Large Data Bases (VLDB) 2004
· FARMER: Fining Interesting Association Rule Groups by Row Enumeration in Biological Datasets.
Proceedings of the 23rd ACM International Conference on Management of Data (SIGMOD) 2004
· COBBLER: Combining Column and Row Enumeration for Closed Pattern Discovery.
Proceedings of the 16th International Conference on Scientific and Statistical Database Management (SSDBM) 2004
Feng Pan, Anthony K. H. Tung, Gao Cong, Xin Xu.
Proceedings of the 20th IEEE International Conference on Data Engineering (ICDE) 2004
Proceedings of the 9th International Conference on Database Systems for Advanced Applications (DASFAA) 2004
· CARPENTER: Finding Closed Patterns in Long Biological Datasets.
Proceedings of the 9th ACM SIGKDD International Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining (KDD) 2003
· Speed-up Iterative Frequent Itemset Mining with Constraint Changes
Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Data Mining, (ICDM). 2002
Gao Cong, Bing Liu
· Discovering frequent substructures from hierarchical semi-structured data.