- Associate Professor, EEE, Nanyang
Technological University, Singapore, 2002-present
- Assistant Professor, Associate Professor,
and Professor, ECE, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore,
India, 1990-2002 (I set up the Visual Communication Lab)
- Lecturer (visiting position), ECE, University of California, Santa
Barbara, USA, 1997-1998 (I was with Image Processing & Vision
- Visiting Professor, EE, University of Kaiserslautern,
Kaiserslautern, Germany, 2000 (I was with Institute for Control
Systems and Signal Theory )
- Visiting Research Professor, ME,
Griffith University, Brisbane, Australia, 2005 (I was with Signal Processing
- Visiting Associate Professor, EEE, Keio University, Yagami, Japan, 2007 (I was with Prof. Ikehara’s Laboratory )
· Research Supervision
& Professional Society Role
Organization & Invited Talk
- Student paper award for Zhang L.,
A. Makur, “Enumeration and parametrization of distinct downsampling patterns in two-dimensional multirate systems,” IEEE International
Conference on Acoustics, Speech & Signal Processing (ICASSP) 2006,
vol. III, pp. 373-376.
- Best paper award for Z. Xu, A.
Makur, “Theory, lattice structure and design of unequal length
linear phase perfect reconstruction filter banks with more flexible length
profile,” IEEE Asia-Pacific Conference on Circuits & Systems
(APCCAS) 2006, pp. 753-756.
National Academy of Engineering (INAE) Young Engineer, 1998
of Science and Technology (Govt. of India) BOYSCAST fellowship, 1997
the list of publications have been provided in the main homepage.