The Interdisciplinary Graduate Programme (IGP) Thematic PhD Research in Healthy Society at HealthTech NTU aims to attract outstanding students with a passion for interdisciplinary research in health technologies, engineering the future of healthcare to catalyse the development and translation of new technologies to solve health problems and improve quality of life.
We welcome highly talented candidates with an engineering or science background who are keen to work collaboratively with clinicians. In the opposite direction, candidates with a medical background will be provided with an opportunity to work with engineers and scientists. The team science formed in a highly intellectual environment between engineers/scientists and clinicians will harness innovation in health technologies to solve healthcare challenges the interdisciplinary way.
PhD Research Projects
Interested candidates are encouraged to contact the faculty members/supervisors directly for a two-way discussion to determine project fit with research interest before making a formal application.IGP-HealthTech NTU Project Listing 2022
The minimum requirements for admission are:
- Graduates with a Bachelor’s degree of at least Honours (Distinction) or equivalent qualifications (e.g. Second Class Upper Honours) from a recognised university.
- Graduates with a passion for interdisciplinary research in science, engineering, computing and related aspects of medicine.
- Good GRE scores for applicants with grades from overseas universities.
- Good TOEFL or IELTS scores for applicants whose native language or medium of undergraduate instruction is not in English.
- For more details on minimum academic requirements for admission, please visit here.
- Priority assessment will be given to applicants who upload a short introductory video of themselves during online applications.
Applicants are evaluated holistically based on academic results, research/work experiences, research proposal and other research/academic merits such as peer-reviewed publications. Satisfying minimal standards does not guarantee admission since the number
of qualified applicants far exceeds the number of places available. Many well-qualified applicants cannot be accommodated as selection is highly competitive.
Note: The eligibility criteria listed are not exhaustive. Additional selection criteria may be included based on prevailing policies. These policies may be amended from time to time without notice.
Application and Admission
Applications are required to be submitted online through the GRAS portal.
Please select programme code IGPK for Interdisciplinary Graduate Programme (IGP) Thematic PhD Research in Healthy Society at HealthTech NTU.
Please visit here to find out details on how to apply for our PhD research programme before submitting a formal application. Incomplete submissions will be rejected.
There are two intakes per academic year. The closing date for submission of applications for August intake (Semester 1) is 31 January, and for January intake (Semester 2) is 31 July.
There are many different types of graduate scholarships available in the university for graduate students.
These scholarships are highly competitive and are administrated by NTU Office of Admissions (Graduate Admissions). Most scholarships can be renewed every academic year subject to satisfactory academic and research progress.
For more information, please click here.