Student's Pass for International Students

All international students are required to hold a valid Student's Pass issued by the Singapore Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA) for their studies at NTU. The application for Student's Pass for undergraduate studies in NTU is administered by the Student Affairs Office. Details of how to apply for a Student's Pass are provided here.

Dependant Pass Holder is also required to apply for a Student's Pass. You may opt to be issued with a Letter of Consent (LOC) to study in NTU. You must indicate your intention in writing to Singapore Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA). You must submit to ICA the letter indicating your intention to be issued with a LOC, a copy of the e-form 16 and a copy of your passport's particulars page. The documents can be submitted to ICA at the Student's Pass Unit or sent to ICA by post.

Please surrender your Student's Pass to ICA for cancellation within 7 days of the date you complete or terminate your full-time studies, go on leave of absence or convert to part-time studies.

For extension of studies, you must apply for a new Student's Pass and surrender the existing Student's Pass, before the expiry date, for cancellation.

You may surrender your Student's Pass at the Visitor Services Centre, Student's Pass Unit, Level 4, ICA Building, Kallang Road or at the Immigration Checkpoints when departing the country. A copy of the cancellation form is available at the Student's Pass Unit or can be downloaded from ICA's website.

International students are exempted from applying for a Work Permit if they wish to work during vacation time. The exemption to apply for a Work Permit is also applicable to international students of NTU who do not work more than 16 hours per week during term time. An application for endorsement to work during term time is required.

Students are required to ensure that they remain in Singapore on a valid pass at all times. Overstaying is a punishable offence under the Immigration Act.

Share Article