MERGA is concerned with the promotion of quality teaching of mathematics and mathematics education at all levels, through critical study and reflection on practice and theory. Work accepted for presentation at the conference will be related to mathematics education whether at pre-school, primary, secondary, vocational, and/or tertiary levels or within informal and workplace settings. Relevant topic areas include:
- mathematics teaching, learning and assessment;
- mathematics teacher education;
- the policy environment of mathematics education practice;
- emerging cultural, political, economic and technological contexts of mathematics education; and
- the practice of mathematics within various cultural, sociological, philosophical and technological contexts.