Multi Energy Systems and Grids
Energy Research Institute @ NTU (ERI@N)
Mr. Cherif Assaf joined ERI@N as Programme Director in March 2018. His focus is on R&D as well as demonstration and deployment projects - Smart Multi Energy System (SMES) and Distributed Energy Management Systems (DERMS).
Cherif holds a Master of Engineering from a French engineering school in Civil and Electrical Engineering in Lille.
- Power systems, distribution networks and micro-grid systems modelling, design, validation and implementation in the specific off-grid context
- Grid intelligence (solar forecasting, demand response, fault detection)
- Power applications of artificial Intelligence
- Blockchain for energy transactions
- Development of widely accepted metrics to assess and compare the economic and financial viability of various off-grid microgrid solutions under specific deployment situations