The India Connect @NTU office (IC@N) is proud to take a leading role in fostering partnerships with Indian institutes of higher learning and industrial organizations. The flagship programme of IC@N is the Visiting Research Student Programme for 2 to 6 months for undergraduate and Master’s level graduate students from India – so far more than 400 students have benefited from the programme. This research programme was introduced in 2016 to enable students of Indian universities to pursue their research interests at NTU by working under the supervision of NTU faculty, developing a strong research expertise in specific research areas, experiencing a multicultural life, developing a strong network of friends and a better understanding of Singapore.
IC@N is also responsible for collaborating with Indian universities for interdisciplinary and transformational research, in organizing joint symposia which are both thematic and discipline specific, short- as well as long-term faculty exchange, and joint research projects based on mutual interest. Since 2018, we have been successfully running Joint PhD programs with several Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs), Joint PhD supervision with the Indian Institute of Science, and facilitating the organization of the India-Singapore and ASEAN-Singapore Hackathons.
IC@N looks forward to collaborating with more like-minded Indian institutions of higher learning as well as with Indian industries for creating new technologies and innovations, exploring joint research opportunities in areas of mutual interest for promoting and facilitating bilateral ties, and for developing research opportunities for students.
Professor Lalit Goel
India Connect @NTU
Please read the following important information before applying:
For students applying for 2022 Visiting Student Research Programme:
Eligible students are expected to fulfil a minimum of 2 months visiting research studies involving a research project work at NTU. Students will receive a certificate issued by IC@N office upon completion of the programme.
|||Spring Term||Summer Term||Fall Term|
|Duration||5 months||2 months||5 months|
|Internship Period*||4 January 2022 - |
4 June 2022
|10 May 2022 - 23 July 2022||3 August 2022 -|
31 December 2022
|Application Period||1 July 2021 – 31 August 2021|
(by 2359 hrs +8 GMT)
|1 November 2021 -|
31 December 2021
(by 2359 hrs +8 GMT)
|1 February 2022 -|
31 March 2022
(by 2359 hrs +8 GMT)
* Please note that the start and end dates for the internship period are fixed and must be followed strictly.
- Open to Pre-final year graduates / undergraduates who have not studied at NTU previously.
- Students must possess good academic track records.
- Students must be pursuing their studies in an Indian University / Institute of higher learning during the period of his / her internship with NTU. (Must be a current student at their Home University during the internship period)
- Students that meet the minimum requirements with scholarships, publication and internship experiences will be given preference.
|Qualification||Duration||Eligible period |
|B Tech / B.Sc. (Degree)||4 years||Must have completed at least 5 semesters of undergraduate degree|
|M Tech / M.Sc. (Master)||2 years||Must have completed at least 2 semesters of Postgraduate degree|
|M Tech+ B Tech /|
M.Sc. + B.Sc.
|5 years||Must have completed at least 7 semesters of a 10-semesters programme|
- Student must indicate THREE Research Titles that he/she would like to apply for and the NTU Supervisor whom he/she wishes to work with. Please browse through the List of Research Titles and Supervisors on website for details. Only Research Titles stated will be considered.
- The Academic Referee Letters (2 such letters are required) and Recommendation Letter are mandatory for submission of your application. Please have them ready upon completing the application form. Uploading of duplicate and / or wrongly attached document / late and / or incomplete applications will not be processed.
- Student will be referred to suggested faculty members for their consent and if mutually agreed, visiting research student offer will be made. Students who intend to conduct research studies for a longer period (> 2months) must have a supervisor at the home institution, and the supervisors at both institutions must come to a common understanding about the research project before the application is considered.
- Before submitting the online application, please check that the information you have entered is accurate. Changes cannot be made to the online application once it is submitted.
- CGPA requested in the application refers to your CGPA in undergrad/post-graduate programme of studies, not your high school average score.
- If any required document is not submitted, or submitted in the wrong way, your application will not be processed. For example, if your transcripts from any one year or semester are missing, your documentation is deemed incomplete and therefore will not be processed.
- Please take note of your application number which will serve as your reference for tracking your application status.
- Please use Internet Explorer to submit your application.
- If your home University / Institute is not listed in our online portal, please drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Students have to apply via the NTU Online Application System. Any other form of submission will not be entertained.
On-campus accommodation will be allocated to successful applicants within the programme dates indicated. Please click here for the accommodation costs for Student Housing. Accommodation is subject to availability for any period outside the programme dates indicated. Students who are unable to secure accommodation on campus may source the same through the Off-Campus Accommodation System (OCAS).
Students are required to pay 1 semester's Miscellaneous fees during their internship period at NTU.
Students who successfully complete their research project will have their miscellaneous fees reimbursed back to them.
|||Lab based programme||LKCMedicine students only|
|Bachelors (Undergraduate)||SGD $224.95||SGD $231.80|
|Masters (Postgraduate)||SGD $248.40||SGD $248.40|
You can either provide details of your Student Matriculation Card or Student Pass issued by your University/Institute or any other documents that can help us to validate your identity.
You are required to obtain a Student Pass for your stay in Singapore during the Research Internship Programme. You have to apply for this pass through NTU upon successful acceptance of your application. You should approach the India Connect@NTU Office via email@example.com for assistance if you wish to extend your stay.
Yes, you may but your request for changes in the period will be subject to approval on a case-by-case basis.
An Academic Referee’s report is typically a letter of recommendation written by a Professor to highlight a student's academic history, character and academic and/or career goals. The letter expands upon a student's report card or transcript, providing insight into what kind of student you are and/or what kind of potential employee you will be. You are required to submit two such reports from two different Referees.
All applications have to formally come through an University/Institute. The No Objection letter from your University/Institute’s International Relations Office is to ensure that your University/Institute is aware of your intentions and is agreeable to support you in this visiting research programme with NTU.
Applicants may indicate on the academic referee letter attachment that their professor will send in the referee letter to India Connect@ NTU directly via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please remind your professor to indicate your name and application number clearly and send in the letter by the stipulated application deadline.
As an alternative, NTU will be able to accept a recommendation letter from either your University/Institute’s Student Affairs or Academic Affairs Office.
Please write to email@example.com with details of the research proposal and supervising professor you intend to work with. We will do a check and assist accordingly.
Yes, you may. However, these three projects will have to relate to what you are currently pursuing at your home university.
Please consider scanning your transcripts in black and white instead as the system is not able to accept attachment files exceeding 600KB.
You will need to subscribe to the NTU Group Hospitalisation & Surgical Insurance (GHSI) if you are successful in your application, even if you have similar insurance in your home country.
College of Business
College of Engineering
College of Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences
College of Science
Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine
The IC@N Office does not engage any 3rd party
agent / organization / company to represent the university or work with any 3rd party agent / organization / company to encourage the participation in our internship programme.