Nanyang Technological University offers a 1–3 year Master of Science (MSc) programme in Chemistry, combining advanced coursework with original research.
Applicants to this MSc programme must satisfy the following criteria:
- BSc in chemistry or a related discipline. If the university has an honours system, at least second-upper class honours, or the equivalent, is required.
- International applicants must submit an appropriate GRE score, with GRE (V+Q) score equivalent to or more than 319 and GRE AW score equivalent to or more than 3.5. Applicants from India may use GATE in replacement of GRE.
- All international applicants who are not native English speakers must have TOEFL scores, IETLS scores, or pass an English Proficiency Test (EPT) administrated by the School.
There are two application periods each year: October to January (for admission in August), and June to July (for admission in January). Most students are admitted during the first period.
The MSc programme has a minimum candidature period of 1 year, and a maximum of 3 years.
Students must complete 12 AU of coursework consisting of:
- CM7077 - Graduate Seminar (4 AU, offered in Semester 1)
- At least another 8 AU of CM70XX lecture-based graduate courses
Courses taken to fulfill these requirements must be taken on a letter grade basis, and MSc students must maintain a minimum CGPA of 3.0.
Other graduation requirements are:
- Seminar attendance of at least 5 seminars per semester
- Completion of CCEB-CHEM Research Integrity Course
- Completion of the online NTU Epigeum Research Integrity Course
- Completion of Scholarly Communication and Impact workshop
Students must also write a research thesis. The thesis procedure and requirements are the same as that for PhD students, but MSc theses are usually of more limited scope than PhD theses, and are evaluated by two rather than three examiners.