To help organisations structure winning deals, the 4-day interactive programme aims to provide participants a practical, end-to-end understanding of the whole merger and acquisition (M&A) value chain. Through a series of real local and Western case studies and small group discussions, participants will explore the reasons and motivations for M&A, and examine the various strategic considerations including business plan, valuation, deal structuring, financing, negotiation and implementation issues associated with M&A. Post-merger integration and cross border acquisitions will also be discussed.
Understand the strategic considerations and issues involved
Learn to structure, negotiate and implement winning deals
Increase shareholder value through skillfully managed M&A
Date(s): 03 to 09 Jun 2021
Time: 09:00 AM
Registration Closing Date: 02 May 2021
At the end of the programme, participants will gain an understanding of:
- The role of M&A as a legitimate activity in any entity’s corporate strategy and growth policy.
- The processes involved in M&A, including target identification, due diligence, negotiation and implementation.
- Common tools and techniques in valuation including estimation of synergies and determination of premium.
- Deal structuring, financing options, including method of payments.
- Specific issues in corporate restructuring, private equity and leverage buyouts, cross-border acquisitions and post-merger integration.
The 4-day programme will be staggered over 2 weeks (2 days per week) to minimise disruption from work and to allow more time for pre-reading and case analysis.
Pre-course reading materials will be provided to help you get up to speed so you can participate actively and benefit more from the programme.
Typical participants include, but are not limited to:
- Market / Business development managers
- Corporate strategy managers
- Directors/Leaders of SMEs
- Middle to senior level executives who are involved at any stage of M&A for their organisations
We are delighted to receive consistently positive feedback for every intake. Please clickhereto read some of these testimonials.
Standard Course Fee: S$$3,880
Fees payable after SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) funding:
|4-Day Programme Fee In SGD|
|Fees BEFORE funding & GST||Fees AFTER funding & GST|
|Singapore Citizens / PR||$3,880||$1,245.50|
|Singapore Citizens (aged ≥40)|
MCES1 - up to 90%
|SME-sponsored Singapore Citizens / PR|
ETSS2 - up to 90%
|Participants without funding||$3,880||$4,151.60|
1. Under the SkillsFuture Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy (MCES) scheme. For more information, visit the SkillsFuture website here
2. Under the Enhanced Training Support for Small & Medium Enterprises (ETSS) scheme. For more information, click here.
Singapore Citizens, aged 25 and above, and self-sponsored, may use their SkillsFuture Credit to defray part of the net course fee. Participants can submit their SkillsFuture Credit claims by logging in MySkillsFuture.sg. Please click here for “How do I submit a claim for SkillsFuture credit?” and other FAQs.
Participants do not need to contact SkillsFuture or SkillsConnect for funding prior to course registration. NTU will handle the funding paperwork for both self and company-sponsored participants. Participants will be invoiced the net amount after funding and GST.