The NTU Service Week is a week-long event from 22 to 29 January 2022 that galvanises NTU’s wider community to give back to society through volunteerism. It features service initiatives organised by students, alumni, faculty and staff in collaboration with community partners.
Be Part of NTU Service Week & Scale Your Impact
The generosity of volunteering your time can make a world of difference to someone. Join us in this movement of bringing good to others. Through the collective action of the OneNTU community, we can make a greater impact on society.
Scale up the impact of your volunteerism during NTU Service Week - When you volunteer your time, you accumulate points for your service to the community. At the end of Service Week, these points will be converted and matched by sponsors as a donation to the NTU Priorities Fund to support financially disadvantaged students, bridge the digital divide and address urgent needs of the university. Together with your support, we can make a greater impact for society and our students.
NTU Service Week Causes
In celebration of NTU’s 30th Anniversary, the NTU Service Week features service initiatives under four causes aligned with NTU 2025. The NTU 2025 strategic plan lays out the University’s mission in addressing humanity’s grand challenges: mitigating our impact on the environment; harnessing the science, art and technology of learning; addressing technology's impact on humanity; and responding to the needs and challenges of healthy living and ageing.
If you are already volunteering, we would love to hear your story.
Launch of NTU Service Week - 22 January 2022
Register to join us virtually and celebrate the start of both the We Belong campaign and the NTU Service Week.
9.00am to 10.00am
Mindfulness workshop conducted by Dr Tanya Tierney, Assistant Dean, Clinical Communication, Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine, NTU
10.00am to 11.30am
Panel session "Powering Volunteerism: Impacting the World We Belong to".
- [Digital Inclusion] Mr Mike Than, Founder of Lesswalk
- [Health & Well-being] Prof Kwok Kian Woon, Associate Vice President (Well-being), NTU
- [Social Welfare] Dr Gül İnanç, Founder of the Opening Universities for Refugees; Lecturer at ADM, NTU
- [Sustainability] Mr Tan Shi Zhou, President of Earthlink, NTU
Service Week finale - 29 January 2022
Mark the close of NTU Service Week with an webinar "Powering Momentum: From Passion to Action" from 9.30am to 11.30am. Ms Goh Swee Chen, who chairs the NTU Board of Trustees, will share her insights on how she leads with passion and purpose. She will be joined by four inspiring individuals. Click to register now.
- [Digital Inclusion] Ms Jacqueline Yew, Worldwide Public Sector Programme Manager, Amazon Web Services
- [Health & Well-being] Ms Angie Chew, Founder and CEO, Brahm Centre
- [Social Welfare] Mr Gabriel Teo, Founder, Tana River Life Foundation
- [Sustainability] Dr Lee Hui Mien, Senior Director, Group Environment Sustainability, Singtel