Note for Freshmen:
Please submit your application directly to the
Office of Admissions and Financial Aid (OAFA) at
email@example.com by Teaching Week 2 of your first semester of enrolment (i.e. 25 Aug 2017 for Semester 1 of Academic Year 2017-18).
The instructions below will only apply if you are submitting the application after your first semester of study.
Application to change programme or convert from part-time to full-time study (and vice versa) is subject to
the approval of the School(s) of both the current and new programme. Please read the details below
before submitting your online application here.
1. Application Periods
|For change of programme to be effected from: ||Application Period|
|Semester 1 AY2018-19||13 May 2018 – 13 July 2018|
*Applicants should apply by early June so that,
if successful, they can register for their courses
with the other current students
|Semester 2 AY2017-18||11 December 2017 – 7 January 2018|
*Applicants should apply by mid-December so that,
if successful, they can register for their courses
with the other current students.
The application fee is $10.70 (incl GST). Your application will only be processed after payment has
been made. The payment options are as follows:
a) Online by Credit Card
b) At One-Stop @ SAC for payment by NETS/ cash card/ EZ-Link/ cheque/ cashier's order or bank draft.
Please submit the application slip (with the barcode) printed directly from the Change of Programme
Application System in Studentlink when you make payment at One-Stop @ SAC.
One Stop@ SAC
Nanyang Technological University
North Spine NS3-01-03
50 Nanyang Avenue
Tel No.: 6592 3623/ 6592 3624
|Operating Hours |
• 8.30 a.m. to 5.00 p.m. (Mon – Thur)
• 8.30 a.m. to 4.45 p.m. (Fri)
The office is closed on Saturdays, Sundays & Public Holidays.
For Students on Scholarship:
Before applying, please consult OAFA (Scholarship) at firstname.lastname@example.org on the impact of the change of programme on your scholarship.
2. Eligibility Criteria
| ||2.1 Students Converting from Part-Time to Full-Time Study (or vice versa) of the Same Programme (applicable to EEE, ME and CSC programmes only)|
Part-time students should have completed at least 4 semesters of studies before applying for conversion to full-time study of the same programme.
Full-time students may apply for conversion to part-time study of the same programme, subject to meeting the following criteria:
• Students from the Computer Science (CSC) programme must have completed at least 2 semesters of study and have at least 1 year of relevant working experience;
• Students from the Mechanical Engineering (ME), and Electrical and Electronic Engineering (EEE)programmes must have completed internship and Engineering Innovation and Design (EID), or otherwise, be employed on a full-time basis.
Students who intend to convert from part-time study of one programme to full-time study of a
different programme will have to apply for admission as a fresh applicant in the new Academic
Year. Please click here for the details.
| ||2.2 Students applying to transfer to:|
a) Art, Design and Media (ADM), or Sport Science and Management (SSM) programmes
ADM and SSM programmes consider students for change of programme only once a year,
together with all new applicants to the University. Hence, online applications for change of
programme are to be submitted only during the May-July application period.
The School of ADM also requires applicants to submit their portfolio, write-up and assignment
to the School for evaluation by 31 March. Please click here for the application procedure and
requirements for ADM programme.
For successful applicants, the change of their programme will then be effected from Semester 1
and they will commence their studies from Year 1. Exemption of courses and/or transfer of
credits will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
| || |
b) Economics Programme
The School of Social Sciences (formerly known as the School of Humanities and Social Sciences)
will consider applications for change to the Economics programme only if the applicants have
completed at least two semesters of study at NTU.
| || |
c) Renaissance Engineering, Medicine, Mathematical Sciences and Economics, or Data Science and Artificial Intelligence Programme
Students cannot apply for change to the Renaissance Engineering, Medicine or Data Science and Artificial Intelligence programme, as the respective Schools only accepts students at the point of admission to NTU.
Students may apply to change to the Double Major in Mathematical Sciences and Economics programme, provided they are admitted to NTU from Academic Year 2017-18 onwards.
3. Outcome of Application
You will be informed of the outcome of your application through your NTU email Account by the 2nd
Teaching Week of the new semester.
4. Registration of Courses
Before you receive the outcome of your
If your application is unsuccessful
- Register your courses during your personalized
date/time for registration for your current
|If your application is successful|
- Register your courses during your personalised date/time for registration for your new programme if the date has not lapsed. Otherwise, please contact the registration coordinator of your new School for assistance.
5. Transfer of Relevant Credits from Old to New Programmes
- For change of programme involving programmes with common Year 1 courses, all common Year 1 courses taken previously (passed or failed) will automatically be transferred to the new programme once approval for the change of programme is given.
- For other programmes, a student who wishes to match his courses to equivalent courses in the new programme must submit an application for transfer of credits to the School of the new programme
by the 2nd
Teaching week of the first semester in the new programme. Late requests for transfer of credits will not be considered. The School shall decide which courses (and the respective course type) may be used to satisfy the student's graduation requirements.
- Students who have changed programme are not allowed to repeat a course which they have passed in the previous programme.
Note: For courses that are transferred to the new programme, both the academic units and grades
(including P, F, S or U grade) of the courses will be counted towards the degree requirements
of the new programme and used in the computation of the GPA.
Grant and Tuition Fee
For details, please refer to this website.