Please read these instructions carefully. A candidate who breaches any of the Examination Regulations will be liable to disciplinary action including (but not limited to) suspension or expulsion from the University.
- Examinations will be conducted during the allocated times shown in the examination timetable.
- The examination hall will be open for admission 10 minutes before the time scheduled for the commencement of the examination. You are to find your allocated seat but do NOT turn over the question paper until instructed to do so at the time of commencement of the examination.
- YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED to leave the examination hall, temporarily or otherwise for any reason whatsoever until one hour after the examination has commenced.
- You will not be admitted for the examination after one hour of the commencement of the examination.
- Bags are to be placed at designated areas inside the examination halls.
All devices with communication or storage capabilities such as handphones, laptops, iPads, tablet PCs, headphones etc. brought into the examination halls, are
to be switched off and placed
inside the candidates’ bags. Do NOT bring any valuable belongings except the essential materials required for the examinations.
- The University will not be responsible for the loss or damage of any belongings in or outside the examination hall.
Items not Permitted in the Examination Hall
unauthorised materials, such as books, paper, documents, pictures and
electronic devices with communication and/or storage capabilities such as handphones, laptops, iPad, tablet PCs, headphones etc. are not to be brought to your desk.
- Any unauthorised materials or devices with communication and/or storage capabilities found in your possession after the start of the examination will be
confiscated, and you will be liable to disciplinary action. “In possession”
means on the desk or writing surface, in or on your clothing, on your body, or
any other location specifically prohibited.
- No food or drink, other than water, is to be brought into the examination hall unless there is a special prescription letter from the doctor.
- Photography is NOT allowed in the examination hall at ALL times.
At the Start of the Examination
- Do NOT turn over the question paper placed on your desk until instructed to do so at the time of commencement of the examination.
- Place your identification documents (such as matric card, identity card, passport, driving licence or EZ-Link concession card) at the top right corner of your examination desk for the marking of attendance and verification of identity during the examination.
- Check the course code and course title to ensure you have the correct examination question paper. Read the instructions and ensure you have the correct number of pages and questions.
- DO NOT WRITE YOUR NAME on the answer book. You should write only your matriculation number, correctly and legibly, in the space provided on the cover of each answer book. Providing incorrect/Illegible matriculation number could risk your answer book being considered void.
- You are not allowed to communicate by word of mouth or otherwise with other candidates (this includes the time when your answer scripts are being collected).
- Raise your hand if you wish to communicate with an invigilator.
- Unless granted permission by an invigilator, you are not allowed to leave your seat.
- Once you have entered the examination hall, you will not be allowed to leave the hall until one hour after the examination has commenced.
- If, for any reason, you are given permission to leave the hall temporarily, you must be accompanied by an invigilator throughout your absence from the examination hall. Ensure that your handphones are not in your possession when you leave the examination hall temporarily and that your handphones have been placed on the floor under the table, and visible to the invigilators.
- All answers, with the exception of graphs, sketches, diagrams, etc. should be written in black or blue pen, unless otherwise specified. Answers written in pencil will not be marked. The blank pages in the answer book are to be used only for candidates' rough work. Solutions or any other materials written on these blank pages will not be marked.
- Do not write on, mark, highlight or deface any reference materials provided for the examination. If found doing so, the reference materials will be removed from your use for the rest of the examination and you will be made to pay for the cost of the materials that have to be replaced.
At the End of the Examination
Types of Examination
- Candidates are to comply with the use of reference materials allowed for the different types of examination as follows:
- Closed Book: No reference materials, in whatever format, are allowed.
- Open Book: Any reference materials in paper form are allowed (all electronic devices are NOT allowed).
- Restricted Open Book:
Restricted materials allowed as defined by course lecturers e.g. one double
sided A4 size cheat sheet with texts handwritten or typed on A4 paper, or a specified
Calculators / Dictionaries
- You may bring into the examination hall only calculators that have been approved by the School (affixed with seal). Graphic calculators which are approved for use must be re-set i.e. all memory cleared, prior to any examination.
- Foreign students on Exchange Programme in NTU are allowed to use dictionaries for some examinations. Check with the course lecturer or coordinator to find out if dictionaries are allowed for your examination. All electronic dictionaries must be registered and approved by the School (affixed by seal) before they can be used in the examination hall. Only electronic dictionaries that do NOT have a memory function and are NOT programmable are allowed. Registration of hardcopy dictionaries is not required.
- You will not be admitted to the examination hall if you are not properly attired. Ensure that you comply with the dress code of the University.
Verification of Identity
- If you fail to bring any identification document i.e. matriculation card, identity card, student pass, passport, driving licence or EZ-Link concession card, you will be required to fill up the 'Verification of Student Identity Form' in the examination hall. After the examination, you must bring your identification document to One Stop @ SAC within three (3) working days for verification. Candidates who do not verify their identity will not be allowed to view their examination results on the scheduled date of release of examination results.
Note: Candidate of trimester examinations are required to bring the identification document to the respective Schools/Office within three (3) working days for verification.