AEU understands that some students with disabilities and special needs may experience challenges in accessing standard learning materials, taking exams in the regular format, participating in classroom activities and more.
AEU will work with relevant departments to provide appropriate academic support to ensure that all students with disabilities and special needs are given equal opportunity to achieve their academic best.
Examples of learning assistance and support are:
- Test and Examination Support
- Learning support
- Assistive technology
Test and Examination Support
For programmes that include tests and examinations as a form of assessment, the following accommodations are available:
- Provision of examination question papers with bigger font size and paper size (A3 size) for the visually impaired.
- Printed copies of the examination announcements for the hearing-impaired.
- Early entry into the examination hall for students with mobility challenges.
- Designated seating arrangements in the examination hall for students with mobility challenges.
- Access to customisable tables at the examination hall for the physically-impaired.
- Additional writing time during examinations for learning challenges such as dyslexia or ASD.
- Access to laptop and printer services for students with writing difficulties.
The following learning support services are available:
- Note-taking services for students who are unable to take notes effectively during lectures and tutorials
- Video transcription for online lectures when captions are unavailable
- Sign language interpretation for classroom activities
- Conversion of text and diagrams into Braille / tactile format for students with vision loss
If you require academic support, please email AEU at email@example.com or complete the Service Request Form to make an appointment for a discussion.