All full-time matriculated students who have paid an annual health service fee are eligible for this scheme.
|Student category||Premium (inclusive of GST)||Benefit|
Full-time undergraduate; and
Full-time graduate; and
$26.75 per semester
$53.50 per year
- Subsidised consultation fees at $3 (inclusive of GST) per visit to the Fullerton Health @ NTU for the 1st 10 visits. Consultation fee for subsequent visits is waived.
- Covers standard medication
Does not cover (pay as per charge)
- Non-standard medication
The Medical Scheme benefits are applicable only in Singapore.
Please walk in to the Fullerton Health @ NTU on campus to see Dr Calvin Tan, clearly stating the purpose to seek claims under this scheme. Should you require further assistance after seeing Dr Tan, please write in to One Stop @ SAC at Ask One Stop or visit us at NS3-01-03, Academic Complex North.
For NIE students, please write in to NIE Student Services Centre at email@example.com. For more details, please refer to http://www.nie.edu.sg/students/student-services-centre/insurance-claims.
Notice for students on the Medical Scheme:
- Your doctor will likely prescribe a combination of standard and non-standard medication to achieve desired treatment outcomes.
- Please note that non-standard medicines are chargeable under the Medical Scheme.
- You may wish to let your doctor know if you prefer to be prescribed standard medication instead, where available, for your treatment. Examples of standard medication are paracetamol, chlorpheniramine, amoxycillin, erythromycin, metoclopramide and carbon compound.
- Please check your invoice and medication stated on the itemised invoice carefully at the dispensary. Medicines, once sold, are not returnable.
Please click here for the benefits, hospitalisation and exclusion details.
Things to Note
- Fullerton Health @ NTU on campus will reimburse only medical expenses of referral cases that have been referred by the Clinic or the government polyclinics.
- Referrals to Specialist Outpatient Clinics (SOCs) at National University Hospital and all Government Restructured Hospitals and by the Fullerton Health @ NTU on campus.
- Medical expenses at these SOCs are reimbursable only at prorated B2 rates. Please note that there are only 2 categories of patients defined at these SOCs, either the subsidised patient referred from a government polyclinic or a paying class patient (only A class rates) referred from a non-polyclinic doctor. The doctor at the Fullerton Health @ NTU on campus is considered a non-polyclinic doctor. For international students, all investigations at these SOCs will be done at the A class rate without exception.
- Expenses at these SOCs are reimbursable only when the referral has been deemed necessary by the Clinic. The medical expenses for self-requested referral cases will not be reimbursed.
- Student must seek reimbursement of admissible medical bills within 2 months of the date of the bill/receipt.
- Medical bills incurred in the non-subsidised specialist outpatient clinics of National University Hospital and all Government Restructured Hospitals cannot be reimbursed.
- All benefits are subject to review.
- Students will cease to be eligible for the Medical Scheme (1) when they cease to be matriculated students of the University; or (2) when they withdraw from; or (3) are terminated / suspended by the University. Where applicable, cover for final-year students in the second semester shall cease on 30 June, or when final year exam results are released, whichever is earlier. Eligible inbound exchange or non-graduating students will be covered under the Medical Scheme in the semester until the completion or cessation of their exchange or project period at NTU.
Medical Consultation and Treatment in Singapore
- Medical consultation and treatment under the Medical Scheme are not limited to the Fullerton Health @ NTU at the Health Services Centre building.
- Undergraduate and graduate students on the Medical Scheme may seek consultation and treatment at selected clinics only, as listed below. Such consultation and treatment shall be on the same terms and conditions of the Medical Scheme.
- Students based in NTU Yunnan campus, including students on professional attachment and internship, may visit other clinics managed by Fullerton Healthcare Group at the following locations:
- Shenton Way - 78 Shenton Way #04-01, Singapore 079120
- Alexandra Retail Centre - 460 Alexandra Road, #02-18 Alexandra Retail Centre, Singapore 119963
- Ngee Ann City - 391B Orchard Road, #25-07, Ngee Ann City Tower B, Singapore 238874
- Marina Bay Financial Centre - 10 Marina Boulevard, #01-03 Tower 2, Marina Bay Financial Centre, Singapore 018981
- Metropolis - 9 North Buona Vista Drive, #01-03, The Metropolis Tower 1, Singapore 138588
- Jurong Point - 1 Jurong West Central 2, #B1-A19B, Jurong Point Centre, Singapore 648886
Students may also seek consultation and treatment at government polyclinics and seek reimbursement on the same terms and conditions of the Medical Scheme.
While every reasonable effort is made by the University to ensure that all information presented on this web page and any corresponding file attachments is accurate, the university disclaims any liability for any injury, loss or damage whatsoever that may arise whether directly or indirectly as a result of any inaccuracy, error or omission.