Who is eligible?
- Open to Singaporean part-time students pursuing their first undergraduate degree.
- Choose to pursue a part-time programme due to financial reasons.
The Tuition Fee Loan covers up to 90% of the subsidised tuition fee payable. It does not cover compulsory miscellaneous fees and hostel fee.
Administration of Loan
The University has appointed
Development Bank of Singapore (DBS Bank) and
Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation (OCBC Bank) as agents to administer the Tuition Fee Loan Scheme.
- One Singaporean guarantor aged 21 to 60 years (based on the guarantor's age at the point of application), and not an un-discharged bankrupt.
- There is no income qualification.
- A person is discouraged from standing in for more than 2 loans in view of the financial implications.
An interest rate at the average of the prime rates of the following banks, DBS, OCBC and UOB, prevailing on the first day of each quarter or such other rates as may be determined from time to time by the bank will be charged upon graduation. Interest will be accrued on a monthly basis.
(Examples of interest commencement date:- If your final examination result slip releases in June, interest will commence on 1st August of the same year. If your final examination result slip releases in December, interest will commence on 1st February of the following year)
- Repayment of loan can be in one lump sum or by equal monthly instalments commencing not later than two years from the date that interest is first chargeable on the loan or upon securing employment whichever is earlier.
- The minimum amount of repayment is S$100 per month and the maximum repayment period is 20 years.
- In the event that the student leaves the University without completing the programme of study, the loan outstanding will immediately become due and payable. He may, however, repay the outstanding sum by monthly instalments on such terms and conditions as the University may allow depending on the circumstances of each case.
Late Payment Charge
Penalty interest will be levied at the rate of 1% per month on instalments in arrears.
How to apply
- Students who wish to apply for the Tuition Fee Loan (Part-Time) are required to download and complete the TFL (PT) Form.
- You and your guarantor are required to submit the completed TFL (PT) Form in person to either DBS or OCBC Bank during the application period listed below.
- You need only apply once for this loan to cover you for the entire duration of your programme in NTU.
TFL to take effect from:
Semester 1 AY2019/2020||Up to 15 August 2019|
16 August 2019 to 31 December 2019 (late application period^)
|Semester 2 AY2019/2020||Up to 15 January 2020|
16 January 2020 to 31 July 2020 (late application period^)
|Semester 1 AY2020/2021||Up to 15 August 2020|
16 August 2020 to 31 December 2020 (late application period^)
|Semester 2 AY2020/2021||Up to 15 January 2021|
16 January 2021 to 31 July 2021 (late application period^)
^For late applications, the loan may not be disbursed in time to be reflected in your e-bill and to finance your tuition fees by payment due date. For overdue payments, a late payment fee is charged.
- NSS Finance - Financial Aid Operations
- Development Bank of Singapore (DBS Bank)
Tel : 6333 0033
- Overseas-Chinese Banking Corporation (OCBC Bank)
Tel: 1800-4383-333 (within Singapore) / +65-4383-333 (outside Singapore)