It is an interest free Student Loan to assist full-time NTU undergraduates should they require the funds for purchase of a laptop/desktop during the programme of study.
Who is eligible?
- Loan application is subject to approval and availability of loan funds.
- Open to full-time undergraduates whose monthly household Per Capita Income (PCI) is less than or equal to S$2,250 or Gross Household Income (GHI) is less than or equal to S$9,000.
- SPR/International undergraduates paying non-subsidized tuition fees are not eligible to apply.
- Limited to one Student Loan during his/her programme of study at the University.
Gross income of family members in household
Total number of family members in household
Gross income refers to amount before deduction of CPF. It includes allowances, overtime, commissions etc.
The loan may be used to purchase any model of PC and at any retail outlet.
- One guarantor aged 21 to 60 years (based on the guarantor's age at the point of application), and not an un-discharged bankrupt.
- A loan applicant who is a:
The guarantor must be gainfully employed.
- Singaporean student to provide a Singaporean guarantor.
- Singapore Permanent Resident and International students to provide a Singaporean/Singapore Permanent Resident guarantor.
A student of Nanyang Technological University who satisfies (1) and (2) may also act as a guarantor. However, a student who is holding Tuition Fee Loan/ loan from CPF Education Scheme or any other form of loan should not stand as guarantor.
If the application for the Student Loan is successful, the applicant and guarantor have to be both present at NTU to sign the loan agreement.
A person is discouraged from standing in for more than 2 loans in view of the financial implications.
Commences 3 months upon graduation over a period of 3 years.
How to apply
Application is open throughout the academic year.
Applicants who wish to apply for the Student Loan are to download and complete the Student Loan application form.
Applicants are required to scan and email the completed application form and the compulsory supporting documents to Financial Aid at email: FinAid@ntu.edu.sg.
The outcome of the Student Loan application will be informed to applicants via their NTU Student Email Account within 7 working days after the receipt of all the compulsory supporting documents.
Successful applicants are required to reply to Financial Aid (FinAid@ntu.edu.sg) to indicate their acceptance.
Within 2 weeks of the Student Loan acceptance,
NSS-Finance Office will contact the applicants to visit their office to sign
the Student Loan Agreement.
After the Student Loan Agreement has been signed, NSS-Finance Office will release the loan amount (in one lump sum) to applicants.
Student would have to provide their Bank's details for receiving the loan amount via GIRO.