CEE (Maritime Exchange Programme) | GEM Discoverer | GEM Explorer | HSS-Peking University (PKU) | NTUitive Overseas Entrepreneurship Programme | Overseas Attachments / Immersions / Internships / Orientations | CAO Work & Study | SBS (Biomedical Sciences - BUCM) | SBS-FYP
These schemes are designed to help students to defray their overseas expenditure.
|Ng Bok Eng Scholarship|
- Open to financially needy full-time NTU Singaporean undergraduates.
- A limited number of scholarships are available and therefore not all applicants will be successful.
- Recipients of other travel related financial allowances/grant/Ng Bok Eng Scholarship are not eligible.
- Students on the Overseas Entrepreneurship Programme (OEP) are not eligible to apply for the Ng Bok Eng Scholarship.
| OSP Loan|
- Open to full-time NTU undergraduates.
- A student is only eligible for one OSP Loan during his/her course of study at NTU.
- Students (except for GEM mobility programmes i.e. semester exchange or fee/study abroad) embarking on Fee-paying Scheme (i.e. students who undertake to apply to the host university on their own accord) are not eligible for the financial aid schemes here.
- If students are embarking on a joint Overseas Entrepreneurship Programme (OEP) and OGEM Explorer Programme and are interested in a loan, they must apply for the OSP Loan under the Overseas Entrepreneurship Programme (OEP).
- SPR/International students paying non-subsidised tuition fees are not eligible to apply.
|Ng Bok Eng Scholarship||Asia|
Please note that if you are applying for both the loan and travel award, the maximum amount offered (which may be a combination of loan and travel award) will not exceed the maximum aid amount as shown in the loan table above.
For OSP Loan applicant
- One guarantor aged 21 to 60 years (based on the guarantor's age at the point of application), and not an un-discharged bankrupt.
- A loan applicant who is a:
The guarantor must be gainfully employed. A student of Nanyang Technological University who satisfies (1) and (2) may also act as a guarantor. However, a student who is in the process of applying or holding Tuition Fee Loan / loan from CPF Education Scheme or any other form of loan should not stand as a guarantor. If the application for OSP loan is successful, the applicant and the guarantor have to be both present at NTU to sign the Loan Agreement.A person is discouraged from standing in for more than 2 loans in view of the financial implications.
- Singaporean student to provide a Singaporean guarantor
- Singapore Permanent Resident and International students to provide a Singaporean/Singapore Permanent Resident guarantor
- Interest-free during course of study.
- Interest will commence upon graduation. Interest rate will be based on average prime lending rate of the 3 local banks (DBS, OCBC & UOB).
|Ng Bok Eng Scholarship|| No repayment required|
- Maximum loan period of 5 years.
- Minimum repayment of $100 per month (monthly instalment of $100).
- For Singaporean students, repayment to commence no later than 2 years after graduation or upon securing employment (whichever is earlier).
- For Singapore PR and international students, repayment to commence no later than 3 months after graduation.
- You may carry out a prepayment of your loan in part or in full any time without incurring any prepayment charges.
How to apply
- You need not wait for your overseas programme outcome before applying. For students who are not successful in your overseas programme, we will not offer you any Ng Bok Eng Scholarship/OSP Loan. For students who are successful for the overseas programme and are offered the OSP loan, you have the choice to decline the OSP loan offer.
- For students who applied for the Ng Bok Eng Scholarship, a limited number of scholarships are available and therefore not all applicants will be successful. Students are strongly encouraged to apply for the OSP Loan if they have not applied for the loan before.
- Apply online through StudentLink during the financial aid application period
• For NTU students, please login to StudentLink for application.
• For NIE students, please login to NIE StudentLink for application.
- Submit application form and supporting documents to One-Stop@SAC within 7 calendar days upon your online application.
- You will be informed of your financial aid application outcome after the closing date as per schedule indicated below.
- For students who applied and are awarded the Ng Bok Eng Scholarship
• A scholarship offer will be sent to your NTU email account.
• If you had furnished a GIRO bank account to NSS-Finance Office for payment of your semestral tuition fees, the funds will be deposited into that bank account within 3 weeks from the scholarship email offer. If not, NSS-Finance Office will issue you a cheque within 4 weeks from the scholarship email offer and inform you through your NTU email account to collect it.
- For students who applied and are not successful for the Ng Bok Eng Scholarship
• The outcome of your application will be sent to your NTU email account.
• If you have not applied for an OSP loan before and would like to apply for a loan, please email to Financial Aid at FinAid@ntu.edu.sg for assistance.
- For students who applied and are offered the OSP Loan with or without the Ng Bok Eng Scholarship
• A loan offer will be sent to your NTU email account. You are required to click on the link provided in the email to indicate acceptance.
• Within 2 weeks of your loan acceptance, NSS-Finance Office will contact you to arrange for both yourself and your guarantor to visit their office to sign the Loan Agreement.
• After the Loan Agreement has been signed, NSS-Finance Office will release the loan amount (in one lump sum) to you.
CAO Work & Study AY2020/2021 Semester 1
|Application Period ||Financial Aid Scheme Available ||Release of Application Outcome|
17 March 2020 - 31 March 2020
(There is only 1 Round of financial aid application period)
Ng Bok Eng Scholarship
|11 May 2020|
- 15 May 2020