The NTU Study Loan (PT) is open to Singaporean part-time undergraduates who require assistance to finance their tuition fee.
Who is eligible?
- Open to Singaporean part-time students pursuing their first undergraduate degree.
- Must be held concurrently with the maximum 90% Tuition Fee Loan.
- Per capita monthly household income (PCI) <= S$2,700.
Gross income of family members in household
Total number of family members in household
Gross income refers to amount before deduction of CPF. It includes allowances, overtime, commissions etc.
- Balance of 10% of tuition fee payable.
- No Living Allowance Loan option.
- One Singaporean guarantor aged 21 to 60 years (based on the guarantor's age at the point of application), and not an un-discharged bankrupt.
- There is no income qualification.
- A person is discouraged from standing in for more than 2 loans in view of the financial implications.
- Interest free during studies.
- Loan is interest-free up to 5 years after graduation if PCI <= S$950. Otherwise, the loan will be interest bearing after graduation.
- Interest rate will be based on the average prime lending rate of the three local banks (DBS, OCBC and UOB).
Commences 6 months after graduation or securing employment, whichever is earlier.
- Up to 5 years (if loan is interest waived) or
- Up to 20 years (if loan is interest bearing).
How to apply
- Please click here for Application form.
- Freshmen, please apply only after you have matriculated online.
- You need only apply once for this loan to cover you for the entire duration of your programme in NTU.
- Submit supporting documents and Document Checklist.
- Outcome of your application will be informed to you via your NTU student email account.
- After you have accepted the offer, NSS-Finance will contact you to arrange an appointment for you and your guarantor to sign the loan agreement in their office.
- The Study loan fund will only be released by the NSS-Finance after the Loan Agreement is duly signed by both yourself and the guarantor.
Application for AY2020/2021:
|SL to take effect from AY2020/2021 Semester 1||
|1 June 2020 to 30 June 2020(^) ||By mid-July 2020|
^For late applications submitted after 30 June 2020, the loan may not be disbursed in time to be reflected
in your e-bill and to finance your tuition fees by payment due date. For
overdue payments, a late payment fee is charged.