You may return items borrowed from NTU Library at any of the subject libraries, except the following items which need to be returned to the respective service points:
- Course Reserves
- NIE Library and RSIS Library items
- Books with accompanying materials (e.g. CD-ROM)
Book Deposit Bins
You may return library items to our book deposit bins located outside subject libraries and around campus when the Library is closed, except the following items which need to be returned to the respective service points:
- Course reserves
- AV materials
- Books with accompanying materials (e.g. DVD)
- Non-NTU materials (including NIE library materials)
You may return your library items by courier service or registered mail. Please make your own arrangements if you wish to return your items to us by courier or mail. If the items are lost in transit, you are responsible for the replacement and processing costs of the lost items.
Automated Reserves Machine (ARM)
You are to return only items borrowed from the
Automated Reserves Machine (ARM) to this machine.
- You must return or renew your loans when due to avoid overdue fines.
- You must return library items promptly when recalled.
- Please check your library account online to see that all items returned are cleared from your account.
- Overdue library materials that are not returned despite multiple notices will be considered lost and users will be billed the replacement and processing costs.
- If the accompanying material (e.g. CD) is returned late, fines will be imposed. Books must be returned together with the accompanying material at the Service Desk during operating hours. Books with accompanying materials cannot be returned through the book deposit bins.
- Course Reserves borrowed via overnight loan must be returned before 11:00 am on the date due. Course Reserves borrowed from the Automated Reserves Machine (ARM) must be returned to the machine.
- Course Reserves must be returned to the Service Desk / Automated Reserves Machine (ARM) to ensure cancellation of the loans. These materials cannot be returned through the book deposit bins.
- Course Reserves at Lee Wee Nam Library and Library Outpost can be returned at the self-check machine.