They welcome application for the ARC7 Students' Forum until Thursday, 29 November 2018, 11:30 GMT.
Established in 2008, the ASEF Rectors’ Conference and Students’ Forum (ARC) is a multi-stakeholder dialogue platform for university leaders, policy makers and student leaders to discuss higher education issues and shape the education landscape in Asia and Europe.
ARC is a biennial conference, with locations alternating between Asia and Europe. The conference aims to address 3 key areas in higher education: 1) quality and inclusive education, 2) university governance, and 3) university-business partnerships. To date, over 650 university leaders representing 226 universities from 51 Asian and European countries have participated in the conferences.
ARC is recognised as the Official Dialogue Partner of the ASEM Education Ministers Meeting (ASEM ME). Its results, including policy recommendations and research, feed into the preparation of ASEM MEs, which ARC rectors and student representatives are invited to attend. ARC results also contribute to achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG).
The 7th ASEF Rectors’ Conference and Student’s Forum (ARC7) is co-organised by the Asia-Europe Foundation (ASEF) and the National University of Political Studies and Public Administration (SNSPA), between 11-14 May 2018 in Bucharest, Romania.
7th ASEF Rectors’ Conference and Students’ Forum (ARC7)
Higher Education Taking Action towards the Sustainable Development Goals: Perspectives From Asia and Europe
Students’ Forum 11-14 May 2019
Rectors’ Conference 12-14 May 2019
ARC7 will be held in conjunction with the 7th Asia-Europe Meeting of Ministers for Education (15-16 May 2019, Bucharest, Romania) and participants will have the chance to meet senior officials and education ministers of 51 Asian and European ASEM partner countries.
The 17 Sustainable Development Goals are a universal call for action to shape a better future for all. Universities have a key responsibility to tackle complex societal challenges of our times, manifested in these Goals. We invite Asian and European higher education leaders to share how their organisations contribute to policy development and take action towards the Agenda 2030 and to get inspiration from their peers’ strategies.
ARC7 offers a creative space for knowledge exchange on implementing a whole-of-institution approach on sustainable development, teaching the next generation of leaders and thinkers to act sustainably and ethically; conducting research that leads to positive change in our world; and engaging communities outside the walls of academia. The conference also explores how university and student leaders from Asia and Europe can work together towards a “future we want”.
Join the convention of 200 higher education leaders, rectors, senior government officials and student leaders from 51 Asian and European countries;
- Establish new connections at this unique Asia-Europe multi-stakeholder platform and commit to specific projects with peers and policy makers;
- Develop policy recommendations for the ASEM Education Ministers’ Meeting (ASEM ME) and the ASEM Education Process on how to cooperate to achieve the 2030 Agenda.
student engaged in student life and managing student associations? Do you care about a better future for all? Apply to become a part of the ARC7 journey on sustainability and reform the way your institution thinks about the future! We accept submission until Thursday, 29 November 2018 at this form. Are you a
Please note that participation at the Rectors' Conference is by invitation only. Please contact ARC7 Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire details regarding your potential participation.
The event is fully funded. The organisers will provide participants with travel subsidy, meals and accommodation.For Students' Forum (11-14 May 2019) participants:
For Rectors' Conference (12-14 May 2019) participants:
The organisers will provide meals for every participant and travel grants based on financial needs.
They are proud that ARC7 is co-designed and intellectually supported by major university and student associations of Asia and Europe: ASEAN University Network (AUN); European University Association (EUA); International Association of Universities (IAU); Erasmus Student Network (ESN), and European Students’ Union (ESU).
ARC7 Conference Organising Committee
- Ms Leonie NAGARAJAN, Director, Education Department, Asia-Europe Foundation (ASEF)
- Prof Remus PRICOPIE, Rector, National University of Political Studies and Public Administration (SNSPA)
- Dr Choltis DHIRATHITI, Executive Director, ASEAN University Network (AUN);
- Prof Pam FREDMAN, President, International Association of Universities (IAU);
- Mr Michael GAEBEL, Director, Higher Education Policy Unit, European University Association (EUA);
- Ms Katrina KOPPEL, Vice-President, European Students' Union (ESU);
- Ms Hilligje van’t LAND, Secretary General, International Association of Universities (IAU);
- Mr Joao PINTO, President, Erasmus Student Network (ESN);
- Ms Thérèse ZHANG PULKOWSKI, Deputy Director, Higher Education Policy Unit, European University Association (EUA).
email@example.com.Please send your inquiries to
They will accept applications for the ARC7 Students' Forum until Thursday, 29 November 2018, 11:30 GMT. Results are expected to be announced in mid-December 2018.