As part of NTU’s 30th anniversary celebrations, participants are invited to submit memorabilia associated with NTU. Entries will, among others, be displayed in an online gallery and top 30 entries will be sealed in a digital time capsule. The terms and conditions as set out herein shall apply.
Terms and Conditions
1. The 30th Anniversary Digital Time Capsule Campaign (“the Campaign”) is organised by Nanyang Technological University (“the Organiser”).
2. By entering the Campaign, the participants agree to be bound by the terms and conditions (“Terms & Conditions”) set out below and to abide by the decision of the Organiser. The decision of the Organiser in all matters relating to the Campaign shall be final. No appeal will be entertained.
3. The Campaign is open to the general public aged 18 and above (“the Participants”).
4. Entries will be accepted online from 17 September 2021 until 31 October 2021 (or such extended closing date and/or time determined at the sole and absolute discretion of the Organiser) (“the Campaign Period”). Any entry submitted after the Campaign Period or are damaged, corrupted, incomplete or illegible will not be accepted and will not be eligible for the Campaign.
Campaign Rules for Entry Submission
5. The Participants are required to submit their memorabilia in the form of images, documents, audio, video and/or any other form as may be specified by the Organiser from time to time at its sole discretion (“the Entry”) via the Campaign Portal or any other website designated by the Organiser in accordance with instructions provided therein within the Campaign Period.
6. Each Participant shall submit his Entry as an individual and confirms that the Participant is at least 18 years old.
7. Each Participant can submit multiple entries for the Campaign.
8. By entering the Campaign, the Participants agree to bear all costs and expenses incurred in connection with the production of the Entry and participation in the Campaign.
9. All the Entries are subject to the approval of the Organiser, who shall have the sole discretion to disqualify any Entry as it deems fit, including but not limited to Entries which:
a) contain obscene, provocative, objectionable, defamatory, inappropriate, or illegal content;
b) infringe any intellectual property rights; and/or
c) do not comply with these Terms and Conditions.
10. The eligibility to be part of the Campaign is on the condition that the Participants fully comply with the Terms and Conditions as stated herein.
11. By submitting an Entry and thereby entering the Campaign, the Participants represent, acknowledge and warrant that:
a) if it contains materials with intellectual property rights belong to other person or entity, the Participants have obtained the consent and rights to the same for incorporation in their Entry and for any other use as set out in these Terms and Conditions;
b) the Entry does not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, personal data, publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity or violate any laws and that no other party has any right, title, claim or interest in the Entry; and
c) the Participants shall keep the Organiser notified of the use of material with intellectual property rights in their Entry.
12. The Organiser shall not be responsible for breach of intellectual property and the Participants shall indemnify the Organiser (including its affiliates, subsidiaries, officers, directors, employees, successors, representatives, agents and assigns) against any intellectual property infringement claims or demands including any costs, charges and expenses in respect thereof.
13. The panel of judges (“Panel”) will judge the Entries based on a set of judging criteria as determined by the Panel in its sole and absolute discretion in determining the Top 30 Entries.
14. The decision of the Panel is final. No appeal will be entertained.
15. In addition to having the Top 30 Entries sealed in a time capsule, the Participants with Entries in the Top 30 Entries will each receive a limited edition NTU T-shirt and an invite (for one) to a special event to mark the sealing of the time capsule. These are collectively referred to as “Prizes”.
16. The Prizes are non-transferable and is subject to any accompanying terms and conditions. The Organiser may at its sole and absolute discretion, and at any time without prior notice, replace or substitute the Prizes.
Announcement of the Top 30 Entries
17. The results of the Campaign will be notified to the individuals via email and/or published as the Organiser deems fit.
18. Each individual is required to submit his or her full name, email address, mailing address and contact details for verification purposes (these should match the details provided during the Entry submission) when collecting the Prize. If any Prize is not successfully collected within two (2) weeks of the publication of the results of the Campaign, the Prize will be forfeited by the Organiser and the Participant shall have no claim whatsoever on the Prize. The Organiser is not obliged to offer any such unclaimed prize to any other Participant.
19. The Organiser reserves the right to forfeit any Prize at the Organiser’s sole discretion if the Participant is disqualified under these Terms and Conditions and such Participant or any other Participant shall have no claim over the Prize.
Rights In Respect Of The Entries
20. By submitting the Entry, the Participants agree to the following:
a) to allow the Organiser convert the Entry into any other media form and use the Entry to conduct publicity and promotion campaigns including but not limited to publication of the Entry on public media platforms such as the newspaper, the internet (including but not limited to Organiser’s social media and websites), in-house notice boards, at marketing exhibitions, the radio, and NTU publications (if any) etc;
b) the Participants may be interviewed by the Organiser and/or other media, and such interviews, together with the photos of the Participants may, in the Organiser’s sole discretion, appear in advertising and/or on NTU social media, website and/or other publications;
c) the Participants hereby authorise and grant the Organiser a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide, non-exclusive licence (including a right of sublicense) to use, reproduce, edit, adapt, publish, perform in public, broadcast, and communicate in public the Entry and its content in any way without limitations, including in all media forms/online platforms, at its sole and absolute discretion including but not limited to publicity, marketing purposes or for any other purpose. The Participants hereby waive all claims for payment for such use;
d) the Organiser may, in its sole and absolute discretion, archive some or all of the Entries as part of the Organiser’s permanent collection; and
e) the Organiser may use or allow any other party to use the Entries for any purpose whatsoever (with no limitations in any form), including editing and adapting the same.
21. The Participants shall abide by any and all rules which the Organiser may set from time to time.
22. The Organiser (including its affiliates, subsidiaries, officers, directors, employees, successors, representatives, agents and assigns) shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage relating to or arising from the Campaign or the Prize awarded, regardless of the cause or reason, including, but not limited to the following:
a) Any problem, loss or damage of whatsoever nature suffered by any party due to any delay and/or failure in receiving and sending the Entry as a result of any network, communication or system error, interruption and/or failure experience by the participating internet line and/or resulting from participation or the downloading of any materials in the Campaign. In the event of such error, interruption and or failure, the Organiser will not be responsible or liable for any failure by any Participant to participate in the Campaign at any time; and
b) Any problems, expenses, damages, losses, suits and claims of whatsoever nature against any Participants that may arise from or in connection with their participation in the Campaign and/or display of the Participants’ Entries.
23. The Organiser reserves the right to amend, withdraw or revise the Terms and Conditions, or suspend, modify, discontinue or cancel the Campaign at any time in its absolute discretion without prior notice and disclaim all liability in relation to the Campaign except any liability that cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowed by law).
24. The Organiser may at its sole and absolute discretion extend the Campaign Period at any time without any prior notice to any party whatsoever. Unless otherwise varied to the contrary by the Organiser, any participation in the Campaign during the extended period (if any) shall be governed by the Terms and Conditions set out herein which shall remain in full force and effect at all times.
25. The Organiser reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any Participant who violates these terms and conditions and/or acts in any way that would, in any way, discredit or harm the reputation of the Organiser.
26. By participating in the Campaign, or attempting to do so, the Participants agree not to hold liable the Organizers or partners for any damages that may result from entering or attempting to enter the Campaign.
27. The Participants release the Organiser and its affiliates, subsidiaries, officers, directors, employees, successors, representatives, agents and assigns as well as any person related either directly or indirectly to the organisation of the Campaign of any liability whatsoever in regard to the Campaign, including any material or financial loss the Participants may experience.
28. The Participants shall indemnify, defend and hold the Organiser and its affiliates, subsidiaries, officers, directors, employees, successors, representatives, agents and assigns harmless from and against any and all claims, losses, damages, liabilities, suits, judgments and expenses in connection with, either directly or indirectly, the Campaign, the Participants’ breach of any terms and conditions herein, the Participants’ breach of any rules set by the Organiser from time to time, any goods or services or the use or incorporation of it, and/or any act or omission by the Participants and/or their representatives.
29. The Organiser shall not, whether in contract, tort or otherwise, be liable to the Participants for any direct and/or indirect loss whatsoever. Indirect loss here shall include the loss of profit or revenues, loss of use of any products or services, cost of capital, loss of business opportunity, loss of reputation, loss of contract, failure to meet contractual commitments or deadlines, downtime costs, increased expense of operation, loss of or corruption of any data, or any incidental, indirect, punitive, special or consequential losses or damages of any kind whatsoever.
30. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of the Republic of Singapore and the Participants hereby agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Singapore courts.
Personal Data Protection
31. The Participants consent that the Organiser may collect, process, use and disclose all the personal data provided by the Participants and contained in the Entry for the purposes of the Campaign and any marketing, promotional or public relations activities of the Organiser whether or not in connection with the Campaign, as well as for statistical studies, records, archiving, comparison, research and/or any other related use or when required by law or an order of court (hereinafter collectively referred to as the “Purposes”).
32. The Participants further undertake to the Organiser that all necessary consents from the relevant individuals to whom the personal data relates in the Entry have been obtained for the disclosure of their personal data to the Organiser (as well as any collection, process, and use by the Organiser of the same) in respect of the Purposes and that such consents have not been withdrawn at all material times.
33. The Participants warrant and represent that all information including personal data that the Participants have provided or will provide to the Organiser are accurate and complete to the best of the Participants’ knowledge, and that if there is any reason to believe that such personal data is not accurate or not complete, the Participants will provide the Organiser with the accurate and complete information as soon as practicable.
34. Notwithstanding any provision to the contrary, the Participants shall indemnify Organiser and its affiliates, subsidiaries, officers, directors, employees, successors, representatives, agents and assigns from and against any and all claims in respect of any and all violations of personal data protection laws including any costs, charges. penalties and expenses in respect thereof.