To encourage URECA students to train in advance level of communication of their research through archive journal publication.
The application for URECA Journal Publication Award will be reviewed and awarded base on the Journal quartile ranking:
| First Quartile (Q1)|| 1000|
|Second Quartile (Q2)||800|
| Third Quartile (Q3)|| 600|
| Forth Quartile (Q4)|| 400|
| All other journal publications|| 100|
The best ranking of the journal will be used for URECA award when a journal has more than one quartile ranking in different category, obtained using the ISI web of knowledge database.
Conditions of Award
- Student must be the first author of the paper published in the journal.
The journal authors should be listed in the conventional order to be eligible for URECA Journal Award (i.e. Primary contributor as 1st author)
If the journal has a specific policy on the listing order of authors which differs from the above, evidence of such policy (letter or website) from the journal should be submitted as supporting document together with the URECA publication journal award application.
- Award is to be shared between the professor and student.
- To be eligible for the award, the following statement must appear in "Acknowledge" subtitle of the journal paper:
We wish to acknowledge the funding support for this project from Nanyang Technological University under the Undergraduate Research Experience on CAmpus (URECA) programme.
Please note that papers submitted without the above acknowledgement will not receive the journal publication award.
- Complete URECA Journal Reward Application Form.
- Merge completed form and supporting documents into 1 PDF file and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org; followed by a hardcopy submission to the URECA Programme Office at N3-B3b-09.
- All applications are properly reviewed and evaluated by a committee which recommends the level of support.
- URECA administrator will notify the student of his/her application outcome.
Supporting Documents Required
- Acceptance letter from the journal
- Journal Impact Factor
- Journal Quartile Ranking
- A copy of the paper to be published in the journal
Journal Quartile Ranking can be obtained using the ISI web of knowledge database through NTU library database http://venus.wis.ntu.edu.sg/lib_databases/
> Citation Databases > Journal Citation Reports > Search for a specific journal >Enter words from journal title
> click on journal title > click Journal Rank in Categories.